If anyone has ever been to the Pacific Wharf Cafe at California Adventure in Anaheim, you may have tried their Broccoli Cheese Soup in a Bread bowl. If not, you must try it – it’s practically HEAVEN!! Well, we recently went to Disneyland and California Adventure (which I will be blogging about in the coming days) and have been dying to find a recipe that compares to this little piece of heaven. Happy to report that my mom was able to do just that.
The recipe comes from HERE. She made a few changes to it, and I have to admit it was one of the best recipes I’ve ever tried! And although we didn’t eat ours in a bread bowl, it tasted just like the Broccoli Cheese Soup at the Pacific Wharf Cafe!!
This is definitely the best homemade Broccoli Cheddar Soup I have tried!!
Now, I just need to find some super yummy Sourdough Bread bowls and eat this soup with them, and perhaps I’ll feel a little bit like I’m back at California Adventure!
Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 small crown of broccoli
- Begin by simmering your chicken broth for 15-20 minutes in a covered pan.
- While chicken broth is cooking, heat milk in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate pot, melt butter then add flour, salt and pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Whisk in warmed milk. Cook for another 6-8 minutes until soup starts to thicken.
- Add warmed chicken broth to soup mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add cheeses and stir until cheese is completely melted. Stir in cooked broccoli.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
For more soup recipes check out:
For more soup recipes, check out: