Flavorful Chili Spaghetti is a midwestern twist on a classic bowl of chili. It is hearty with just the right amount of spice!!
Chili Spaghetti is two of your favorite recipes in one!! Cornbread Muffins, Mexican Cornbread, or Cheesy Garlic Bread are absolute MUSTS when eating chili, so choose your favorite bread and start sopping.
Chili and Spaghetti
I’m on a soup kick! Thanks to my mom who has been making a ton of soups, I have some awesome new recipes to share with you. I’ve never had this next recipe before, but everyone in the fam loved it! It’s perfect for a cold day, and if you’re a fan of spaghetti AND chili, then you’ll LOVE this soup recipe.
This chili recipe comes from my friend Jessica’s family and is super tasty. It was a chili her grandma from Wisconsin use to make, apparently it’s a mid-west thing to add in spaghetti. Honestly, I have never seen noodles in chili before but it was the perfect ingredient for this soup. It just made it that much heartier and tastier!
My mom and dad’s church always has a fall fair and chili cook off, and I’m determined to make this for it! Some chilis just have so many ingredients and my kids tend to favor the simpler versions. This one is VERY simple – doesn’t have any crazy ingredients and is so easy to make. WIN-WIN!
Making chili spaghetti
MEAT. Brown ground beef with season salt and garlic on the stove.
CHILI. In crockpot add the browned beef, tomato sauce, whole can of stewed tomatoes, 2 cups water, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, chili powder and chili beans. Mix. Cook on low for 2 hours.
PASTA. Next, cook spaghetti as directed. When done add to chili.
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Mexican style beans are pinto beans with Mexican seasonings. If you don’t have this in nearby stores I would suggest using kidney beans or pinto beans and increasing some of the other seasoning to taste.
Stewed Tomatoes: We didn’t personally chop the stewed tomatoes, if you pour them in and realize that some of those tomatoes are kind of large you can “squish” them with your spoon.
This can also be made in a pot if you are looking for a quicker version. Just follow these easy steps:
- Brown meat with salt and garlic. Transfer to a large pot.
- Add tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, water, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, chili powder and beans. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- While soup is heating, cook up spaghetti noodles as directed on box and add to chili. Serve warm.
- Use ground turkey or sausage instead of ground beef
- Add chopped jalapenos
- Add in chopped red or green peppers
- Add some heat with red chili flakes or hot sauce
- Add chopped onion
- Use elbow noodles or penne pasta instead of spaghetti noodles
STORE leftover Chili Spaghetti for about a week in the fridge when stored in airtight containers. Due to the spaghetti noodles, it isn’t ideal to freeze, but it can be done. Reheat leftovers on the stove top or in the microwave.
Make Ahead: This makes a great freezer meal. Complete Step one as written. Using a large bowl instead of a crock pot, mix together the browned beef, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, 2 cups water, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, chili powder and chili beans. Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe container(s). Freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw and add to the crock pot. Finish cooking according to the directions.
For more chili recipes, check out:
- White Chicken Chili
- Green Enchilada Pork Chili
- Chili Verde Soup
- Fajita Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Chili Spaghetti Recipe
- Brown ground beef with season salt and garlic on the stove.
- In crockpot add the browned beef, tomato sauce, whole can of stewed tomatoes, 2 cups water, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, chili powder and chili beans. Mix. Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Next, cook spaghetti as directed. When done add to chili.