I know Soup Season isn’t here exactly, but it’s ALMOST here which means I can start posting soups and chilis without feeling guilty. 😉
I hope you guys are ready for loads of delicious recipes headed your way because we’ve been busy in the kitchen the last several weeks cooking up all sorts of yummy concoctions. From pumpkin recipes to soups and chilis, we have tried dozens of recipes, most of which tasted amazing meaning we’ll be sharing them on the site shortly. One of the recipes we recently tried was the Green Enchilada Pork Chili. This recipe is so full of flavor and was so good that everyone found themselves getting a second helping. With ingredients like pork, corn, beans, green salsa, cheese, cilantro, sour cream and more you’re sure to find a tasty chili recipe that is delicious and perfect for fall weather. Depending on the salsa you use, this recipe can have a little nip to it or can be mild, which is how we made it because there are a few of us (cough – the hubby) who doesn’t like too much spice. 😉
You better believe that we will be adding this chili to the soup rotation this fall. We haven’t used pork in too many recipes, so it was a great addition. If you prefer chicken, you could substitute it in and it would taste great as well. Be sure to let us know how you like it.
Here’s the recipe:
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 1½ lb pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 - 15 oz. cans pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 - 16 oz. jar green salsa
- 1 - 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 can corn
- sour cream
- tortilla strips
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large pot, add dressing meat, garlic and onion powder. Cook on MEDIUM-HIGH for 14-15 minutes or until meat is fully cooked.
- Add beans, salsa, broth and corn to pot and mix well.
- Bring to boil and let simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with sour cream, cheese, tortilla strips and cilantro
Recipe adapted from Kraft Recipes.
For all Soup Recipes go HERE.
For all Lil’ Luna Recipes go HERE.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!