Delicious Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups – a simple and yummy breakfast treat. White bread flattened and rolled with a cream cheese and powdered sugar mixture, dipped in butter, cinnamon, and sugar!
We love simple breakfast recipes that also work as a quick and easy snack/treat. If you like these cream cheese roll ups, you’ll definitely want to try Cinnamon Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls, and Cinnamon Twists!
Cinnamon + Cream cheese
I admit that we don’t really have the time to make a good breakfast on weekday mornings. The kids have cereal, toast, yogurt or bagels. Having said that, we try to have breakfast for dinner and especially like to make sweet breakfast dishes on the weekend, and for holidays.
On the weekends, we have all sorts of delicious breakfast recipes that we have come to love (like Cinnamon Rolls and French Toast Bake) and one of those recipes are these Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups.
They are a super simple and quick treat that are filled with cream cheese and covered in a crunchy cinnamon and sugar crust. We usually have all the ingredients on hand too, which is nice. Even the kids like to get in the kitchen and help me make them (they’re really that easy!)
How to Make Cream Cheese Roll Ups:
We love that these are easy and that the kids can help make them.
BREAD. To begin these roll ups, cut off the crust of the bread and flatten with a rolling pin.
FILLING. In a small bowl combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Spread 1 – 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture onto each flattened bread piece and roll up.
CINNAMON SUGAR. In another bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip each rolled bread into melted butter and then into the cinnamon/sugar mixture and place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
BAKE. Repeat for the remaining bread pieces and bake at 350 for 16-20 minutes. Serve warm and watch these bad boys disappear in about .2 seconds.
How to store/reheat cream cheese roll ups? Place in a Ziploc bag or air-tight container and put in fridge for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, use the microwave or reheat on low in the oven.
Change it uP!
There are so many ways to change up this recipe to your liking. We will give you some suggestions below, but be sure to comment and let us know what you’d add to these bad boys.
- Add mini chocolate chips to the cream cheese filling
- Add chopped nuts to the cream cheese filling
- Substitute wheat bread for the white (but make sure it is still soft enough to be flattened)
- Add nutmeg or pumpkin spice to the cinnamon sugar coating for more of a fall flavor
- Use different flavors of cream cheese
However you make them, we have a feeling they’re delish!
If you’re looking to try a new breakfast treat then I highly recommend this one. They’re best served warm but can be eaten at any temp. No matter when you eat them, I can promise you that they won’t last long. 😉
For more great cinnamon treats, check out:
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- Cinnamon & Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
- Crescent Cinnamon Twists
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll Ups Recipe
- 1 loaf white bread thin slices
- 5 1/2 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
Cut off the crust of the bread.
- With a rolling pin, flatten bread.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar and cinnamon - set aside.
- Spread 1 - 1½ tablespoons of cream cheese mixture onto each flattened bread piece and roll up.
- Dip each rolled bread into melted butter and then into the cinnamon and sugar mix.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat for remaining pieces of bread.
- Bake at 350 for 16-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Fashionable Foodie.