Flavorful homemade Greek dressing is perfect for salads and marinades! It comes together quickly with only a handful of ingredients.
This dressing is as simple as they come; olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a splash of spices. It is sure to become a staple in your fridge! For more must-have-on-hand dressings try Caesar Dressing, Creamy Pesto, and the BEST Ranch.
Homemade Dressing with Mediterranean Flare
Simple ingredients combine for a fresh and easy tasty dressing. The Mediterranean flare comes from extra-virgin olive oil – a must-have for authentic Greek dressing. The red wine vinegar gives it a bit of tang, and the spices bring home the flavor!
If we consider the essential ingredients of Greek vinaigrette here, you can see exactly what makes Greek vinaigrette so delicious: fat in the form of olive oil, flavor from the garlic and dried oregano, plus the acidy of red wine vinegar.
It is the perfect house dressing for all of your flavor needs. Try pairing it with pasta and let the flavor soak in, or top those leafy greens and add some olives and feta for a quick and tasty side.
Making Homemade Greek Dressing
SPICES. In a large bowl add the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, basil, pepper, salt, onion powder, and dry mustard. Whisk well.
VINEGAR. Add the vinegar and mix vigorously until well blended.
STORE in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge. The ingredients will settle so be sure to mix again before using.
- Use good quality olive oil.
- If you find that the dressing is too acidic add a bit of sugar or honey to it.
- If you want to use fresh herbs you’ll need 2-3 times the amount listed for dried herbs.
Favorite ways to use it:
- Over pasta salad with veggies (like our Orzo Salad)
- On a green salad with veggies
- As a marinade for chicken or fish
Make it creamy: If you want to turn the dressing into a creamy greek dressing simply add 2-3 tbsp of plain geek yogurt.
Turn it into a dip: You can mix some of the dressing into sour cream to make a delicious dip. Add 3-4 tbsp dressing to ½ cup sour cream.
For more delicious dressings, try:
- Creamy Pesto Dressing
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Homemade Ranch
Greek Dressing Recipe
- ¾ c olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 ½ tsp pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 c red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl add the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, basil, pepper, salt, onion powder, and dry mustard. Whisk well.
- Add the vinegar and mix vigorously until well blended.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge. The ingredients will settle so be sure to mix again before using.