If you need an easy, yet festive, treat to make during spooky season, any of these Halloween cookie recipes will do! Whether you need them for a party or just for fun, everyone will love these cookies!
We are big on Halloween parties around here, and I make sure we have a few different types of cookies on the food table! I also include some of our other favorite Halloween Desserts and Halloween Drinks!
Making Spooky Cookies
Cookies are probably one of the easiest, most widely loved treats to make. Turning a delicious cookie recipe into a Halloween theme is pretty easy. Some of the tricks we use include:
- Switch out brown chocolate chips to Halloween colored chips.
- Use purple, orange, bright green frostings or food coloring.
- Use orange and yellow M&M’s or Reese’s Pieces.
- Add a Halloween decoration on top like plastic spider rings
- Use Halloween themed sprinkles
Another reason Halloween cookies, or any cookie, make a good treat is because they store really well. You can prepare them in advance and whip them out just in time for your Halloween party! Also, many are freezable both in dough form and baked form. See a specific recipe for more details.
These few recipes aren’t necessarily Halloween themed cookies, but you can make them with some of the candy your kiddos collect:
And if you don’t decide to use all that extra candy for these cookies, you can save any non-themed candy and store it in the freezer or the back of your pantry to use at Christmas or New Years!
Favorite Halloween Cookie recipes
- Halloween Chip Cookies – This cookie recipe uses a classic chocolate chip recipe, with the addition of orange Halloween chips. Easy, but festive!
- Halloween Cookie Cake – If you need something simple and quick, this cookie pizza uses storebought cookie dough, and frosting. It’s topped with Reese’s Pieces and Rolos, or your favorite candy!
- Chocolate Chip Spider Cookie – Simply use a chocolate chip cookie recipe, and add legs to the chocolate chips on top using frosting in a tiny piping tip! It will look like little spiders in your cookies.
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Cake – A cookie pizza with a sugar cookie base, homemade cream cheese frosting, and topped with Halloween M&M’s and Sprinkles.
- Monster Eye Sugar Cookies – Delicious sugar cookies decorated in icing and candy eyes.
- White Chocolate Candy Corn M&M Cookies – Our favorite cookie base recipe with the addition of white chocolate and candy corn M&M’s. Make sure you get those M&M’s while they’re in season!
- Monster Eye Cookies – These gooey buttery cookies are made easily with a store-bought cake mix, and made festive with the help of some green food coloring and a candy eye right in the center!
- Monster Cookies – Similar to our Monster Eye Cookies, only these ones are colored with several different colors of food coloring, and are covered with candy eyes!