Prep this ice cream sandwich cake in 5 minutes! It’s perfect for hot summer days and your kids will LOVE it. Chocolate ice cream sandwiches topped with whipped cream and crushed Oreos!
Easy Summer Treat
SUMMER is calling my name! And so are all the cool desserts that come with it!
This ice cream sandwich cake is a fun twist on a classic summer treat. It’s really easy to make, so your kids can definitely get in the kitchen and help you.
Have you looked at the ingredients of this recipe? Hot fudge, pudding, ice cream sandwiches, whipped cream, and Oreos.
Does it get much better then that? The hot fudge/pudding/whipped cream mixture helps the ice cream sandwiches to stick together to form a cake. Then it’s covered in more whipped cream and topped with crushed Oreos.
Every time I make this dessert, there is never any leftovers – definitely a crowd pleaser!
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
PUDDING MIX. Start by making the fudge pudding mix. Grab a large bowl and whisk together the fudge topping (here is a link to our tasty homemade hot fudge sauce) and 1-2 cups of whipped cream until it’s combined.
Add the dry chocolate pudding mix and stir for a couple minutes. Add one cup of the chopped Oreos, mix, and set it aside.
ICE CREAM SANDWICHES. You’re going to need 12 ice cream sandwiches for this recipe. Start by unwrapping them all and putting 4 of them side by side on a foil-lined baking sheet.
WHIPPED CREAM. Add half the whipped cream pudding mixture on top and repeat the layers. Add the last 4 ice cream sandwiches and cover the cake with the remaining whipped cream.
TOPPING. Don’t forget to add the rest of the chopped cookies on top of the cake or all over the sides too. Freeze the cake for 1 hour. After an hour, lightly wrap the cake with tin foil and keep it in the freezer for an additional 2-3 hours before serving.
Flavor variations + STORING
Another fun thing you can do with this cake is change up the flavors of the ingredients. Try different flavored ice cream sandwiches—like mint ice cream sandwiches!
And you can add different candy, sauce or cookie toppings to the middle or on top of the cake. Possibilities are almost endless with this summer dessert!
How to store Ice cream sandwich Cake? Keep your ice cream sandwich cake light wrapped in foil and in the freezer.
This is such a great dessert to make-ahead of time. Just keep it frozen until you’re ready to serve to friends and family! This cake will last about a month in your freezer. Such a perfect summer make-ahead party recipe!
There’s nothing better than a delicious, cool treat on a hot summer day. With this cake being as simple as it is, we have a feeling it will become a go-to all season long.
For more cold treats:
- Grasshopper Pudding Pie
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie
- Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Better Than Anything Cake
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce warmed
- 4 cups whipped cream
- 1 3.9 oz. pkg instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups OREOS chopped
- 12 ice cream sandwiches
- In a medium bowl, whisk fudge topping and 1 - 2 cups whipped cream until well blended. Add the dry pudding mix and stir for a few minutes. Add 1 cup chopped cookies and mix until blended. Set aside.
- Place 4 ice cream sandwiches, side-by-side, on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Add half the whipped cream pudding mixture on top, then repeat layers.
- Add the last 4 sandwiches, then cover the entire cake with the remaining whipped cream making sure to add the rest of the chopped cookies to the cake (you can add them to the top or all over the cake).
- Freeze cake for 1 hour, then lightly wrap with foil and continue freezing for an additional 2-3 hours.