It’s no secret that our family LOVES cheesecake. But making a traditional cheesecake takes a lot of time, especially in the oven! That’s where these no-bake cheesecake bars come in. There’s NO baking involved. Everything comes together in the refrigerator & freezer. So on those hot, hot summer days when you’re in dire need of a slice of cheesecake but don’t want to heat up the entire house, break out your hand mixer or stand mixer and make these! They’re just the right amount of sweet, have a nice buttery graham cracker crust, and are surprisingly firm like actual cheesecake. Top them with fresh berry sauce, salted caramel or enjoy them plain. Yum!
I’ve shared a few no-bake desserts lately, but this one is just so darn easy. The crust is similar to a traditional cheesecake crust, except instead of baking it in the oven just pop it into the freezer while you make the filling. Easy, right?
The filling is really straightforward. Beat the ingredients together until smooth and creamy, then fold in the whipped cream. Carefully spread it into the chilled crust, then spread the topping over top (which is totally optional by the way). Place the pan in the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving.
These no-bake cheesecake bars are perfect for summer! You can easily add your favorite mix-ins to them or top them with whatever fruit, sauce or candy you’d like. They’re easy to make, taste amazing and can be prepared in advance. You’ve gotta try these ASAP!
No Bake Cheesecake Bars:
No-Bake Cheesecake Bars
No-Bake Cheesecake Bars - these babies are just the right amount of sweet, have a nice buttery graham cracker crust, and are surprisingly firm like actual cheesecake. Top them however you like - fruit, chocolate sauce, or caramel and sea salt!!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (from about 8 sleeves)
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 1/2 tsp plain powdered gelatin (I bought a box of little packets)
- 16 oz original cream cheese room temperature for 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream room tmperature for 30 minutes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Sour Cream Topping (Optional)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
To make the crust, in a medium size mixing bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and salt. Pour the melted butter over top and stir until a soft wet mixture forms. Firmly press into a 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan. Place in the freezer to chill while preparing the filling.
- In a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, whisk together the water and gelatin. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl) beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar, salt, vanilla and sour cream, beat just until combined.
- Place the gelatin mixture in microwave and heat for 25 seconds on HIGH. Remove and whisk for 1 minute. Allow to cool for 2 minutes, then with mixing speed on low, slowly add the gelatin to the cream cheese, mixing until combined.
- Using a hand mixer (or if you have another bowl for your mixer, use that), in a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped cream into the mixture. The whipped cream will loosen the filling up a bit and make it slightly more spreadable.
- Carefully spread the filling into the chilled crust. Spread into a smooth, even layer.
- Prepare the topping by combining all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stirring together until smooth. Using a spatula, spread over the top of the cheesecake.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours before slicing and serving.
These look DIVINE. I’m a huge fan of no-bake recipes during the summer. And I love that these can be topped so many different ways!! Thanks for sharing with us Natalie! Head on over to Life Made Simple to see more of her delicious recipes!!
And for more awesome dessert recipes that don’t require turning on the oven, check out these:
For more no bake treats, check out: