The kids are heading back to school but summer is far from over here on the west coast. Simple, light pastas are still a must-have at the weekend barbecues. And since everyone loves a good pasta, I’m sharing another awesome recipe that you’ll want to add to your Pasta Pinterest board. 🙂
Check out the ingredient list below. Cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and black olives are just a few things that make this salad simple and delicious. Its made warm, but tastes great cold too! This is one of those recipes that is so simple and will become one of your go-to pasta salad recipes. Like I already mentioned, it’s great for barbecues but would be perfect for any function, baby/bridal shower, or party. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Here’s the recipe…
Penne Tomato Mozzarella Pasta Recipe
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Italian dressing
- 1 handful green onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 oz mozzarella cheese diced
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 20 large black olives halved
- basil chopped
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and set aside.
- Add green onions to a skillet with hot oil. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta, tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Turn heat to low and stir in mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Heat through.
- Add basil and olives. Serve immediately.
Adapted from allrecipes.com.
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 6
ANY CHANGES MADE: Added a little bit of Italian dressing, used less onions, more parm cheese, more olives
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none=
You can check out these other recipes that make great side dishes for summer get togethers:
For all side dish recipes, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂