Guys, it is fall now which means you’re starting to be surrounded by loads of comfort food and sweet treats. It’s tough to stay healthy and fit with so many temptations. I believe in eating in moderation so I balance out the yummy Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars with healthy meals like these Italian Pork Chops.
These Italian Pork Chops require just a few ingredients and are baked in the oven with loads of veggies. Have it ready and on the table in just 30 minutes.
The time between when the kids get home from school and dinner can be pretty rough. Kids are tired from school, hangry, there are activities to go to… there’s just not a ton of time to prepare a healthy meal for the family. Meals like 20-Minute Simple Salmon & Asparagus and these Italian Pork Chops are perfect for those stressful nights when you need to get dinner on the table fast.
I like to use bone-in pork chops because the bone gives more flavor but it totally works with boneless too. This recipe is flexible so if you need to feed more than four, just add a few more chops.
To assemble this practically one pan meal, just throw the veggies on the pan, toss with a mixture of oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese and rub the pork chops with the same seasonings. Pop it in the oven, flipping the pork chops halfway through, and end it by broiling until perfectly browned.
Sprinkle on more Parmesan if desired, but who doesn’t have that desire, pleaz. Serve with a side of orzo, pasta, rice, baked potato… Voila! A quick, tasty, healthy, and balanced meal for the whole family.
As much as I love the tender flavorful pork, the veggies in this dish are awesome. I could eat these roasted veggies all day long. And what’s great is my kids like them too. I hop you enjoy this meal as much as we do.
For more pork chop recipes, check out:
Italian Pork Chops Recipe
These Italian Pork Chops are so easy to make and they are baked in the oven with your favorite veggies!
- 4 bone-in pork chops thin cut, pounded to tenderize
- 1 zucchini squash cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 summer squash cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan (plus more for garnish)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the chopped veggies on a large sheet pan.
- In a small dish, mix oil, Italian seasoning, and salt. Pour half of it over the veggies along with the Parmesan cheese and toss.
- Place the pork chops on top of the veggies and then coat both sides of the pork chops with the remaining oil seasoning. Sprinkle everything with fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip the chops, bake another 8 minutes and then increase the oven heat to broil. Broil for 4-6 minutes or until nice and browned.
These look amazing, Melanie!! Who doesn’t love a good pork chop? For more delicious recipes from Melanie, check out, Garnish & Glaze.