Guys, we’re total peanut butter addicts over here. This frozen peanut butter pie is a delicious (almost) no-bake treat that’s perfect for warm weather. It has a chocolate pretzel crust, a thick and creamy peanut butter filling, and is topped with a luscious ganache and lots of peanut butter cups and pretzels. If you love sweet and salty desserts, this one’s for you!
Summer is right around the corner!! Are you excited?! We just ordered the kids some new swimsuits and bought a canopy for the splash pad. We’ve also been planning out excursions and booking tickets to see grandparents. All of this planning got me craving something sweet, cold and decadent. This peanut butter pretzel pie is just what I needed. It’s easy to whip up and even easier to devour.
You’ll need to plan out a some extra time for the pie to set. Which means, in total, this recipe requires about 2 1/2 hours. I know that seems like a lot, but only half an hour is hands-on time. So when you make it this summer, you won’t be slaving over it all day, long, it’ll be tucked away in your freezer doing its thing 🙂
I hope you’ll give this frozen peanut butter pretzel pie a try. Our family loved it and I think yours will too! ENJOY!!
- For the crust:
- 1¼ c. chocolate cookie or graham cracker crumbs
- ½ c. pretzel crumbs
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- For the filling:
- 8 oz. (1 block) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1¼ c. smooth peanut butter
- ¾ c. powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- For the topping:
- 1 c. milk chocolate chips
- ½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ c. heavy whipping cream
- ½ c. chopped peanut butter cups
- ⅓ c. chopped pretzels
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In medium mixing bowl combine the cookie or graham cracker crumbs, pretzel crumbs, butter, and brown sugar. Toss with a spoon until moist. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish (I recommend a pie dish with a tall rim). Freeze for 10 minutes, then place in the oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- To make the filling: Using a stand or handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, mix until combined. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold in half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Fold the remaining whipped cream in until smooth and creamy. Pour into the cooled crust, then spread into an even layer.
- For the topping: Combine the chocolate and cream in a 2 cup glass measuring cup or a medium size microwave-safe bowl, heat at half power for one minute, stir then repeat. Remove and whisk for 1 minute until smooth. Spread over the filling, then top with chunks of peanut butter cups and pretzels. Chill for 2 hours, remove 10 minutes before serving and cut with a sharp knife (rinse under warm water if needed to get a nice clean cut). Serve cold.
You can find more delicious recipes here:
Peanut butter + chocolate and salty + sweet are probably the two greatest combos to ever exist.
Both combos in the same recipe? Done deal. Thank you, Natalie, for sharing this life changing recipe!!
For more awesome recipes by her, head over to Life Made Simple!
And if you want some more delicious frozen recipes, you can check out these posts:
For all desserts, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!