Hi, it me Lily again.
Today was my first day of vacation. I have no school next week, and I’m so excited! I don’t have to wake up early which will be good because my mom says I can’t wake up in the mornings. I always ask her if I can sleep for a few more minutes.
My mom said we will be trying some new recipes next week, and I’m so excited. Today’s recipe is a new one that I really liked. We made them yesterday and I got to have a cookie yesterday and another one today! They are Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies that are perfect for Christmas time.
Don’t they look yummy!? I think if you like chocolate chip cookies AND peppermint then you’ll like this recipe.
- ½ cup butter (softened)
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 bag of Christmas chocolate chips
- 1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Pieces
- peppermint extract (optional)
- Cream butter, oil and sugars in your mixer.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt to a separate bowl and mix well. Add to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips, peppermint crunch pieces, almond extract, and vanilla (add additional peppermint extract - 1 tsp. if you want it to have more peppermint taste). Mix well.
- Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.
I’m so excited that we are starting some yummy Christmas treats. My mom even told me today that we could buy a Gingerbread House Kit soon which is so cool!!
For more yummy treats be sure to check out: