I told you guys I would have some more Chinese dishes for you in the coming weeks that lead up to the Chinese New Year. I’m telling you, I could eat Chinese food every meal of the day. It’s my FAVORITE!! Too bad the hubby isn’t a huge fan and I don’t get it as often as I’d like.
This next dish is one my family makes a ton when we have Chinese on the menu. It’s pretty easy to make and is perfect for your next Asian meal. I think you will love this Sweet and Sour Pork recipe.
Here is how you can make this yummy dish too:
Sweet and Sour Pork
By January 24, 2013
A great sweet and sour pork recipe the whole family will love.
IngredientsPrint This Recipe
- 1 lb. pork steak cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 TB shortening
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 15 oz. can pineapple chunks (reserve 2/3 cup liquid)
- 3 TB brown sugar
- 2 TB cornstarch
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 green pepper cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 4 cups rice cooked
- In a large skillet, brown pork steak in shortening. Sprinkle with paprika. Brown well. Cover and cook about 20-25 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, corn starch and salt. Gradually add reserved pineapple liquid, vinegar, water, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Blend until smooth. Gradually stir in meat.
- Cook over low heat until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in green pepper and pineapple. Cover and simmer over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Oh, I LOVE Sweet and Sour Anything!! Stay tuned later this month for a yummy and similar Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe too.
And if you’re looking for a yummy side dish to go with this recipe, be sure to check out these yummy Fried Egg Rolls.