I told you guys I would have some more Chinese dishes for you in the coming weeks that lead up to the Chinese New Year. I’m telling you, I could eat Chinese food every meal of the day. It’s my FAVORITE!! Too bad the hubby isn’t a huge fan and I don’t get it as often as I’d like. 🙁
This next dish is one my family makes a ton when we have Chinese on the menu. It’s pretty easy to make and is perfect for your next Asian meal. I think you will love this Sweet and Sour Pork recipe.
Here is how you can make this yummy dish too:
- 1 lb. pork steak cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 1 TB shortening
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 TB soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 15 oz. can pineapple chunks (reserve ⅔ cup liquid)
- 3 TB brown sugar
- 2 TB cornstarch
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 green pepper cut into ¼ inch strips
- 4 cups rice cooked
- In a large skillet, brown pork steak in shortening. Sprinkle with paprika. Brown well. Cover and cook about 20-25 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, corn starch and salt. Gradually add reserved pineapple liquid, vinegar, water, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Blend until smooth. Gradually stir in meat.
- Cook over low heat until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in green pepper and pineapple. Cover and simmer over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Oh, I LOVE Sweet and Sour Anything!! I also have this Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe which is delicious!
And if you’re looking for a yummy side dish to go with this recipe, be sure to check out these yummy Fried Egg Rolls.
And, for another delicious side dish to go with these recipes, be sure to check out this Asian Pasta Salad.
For all Chinese recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!