Quick, easy and delicious 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies. They take just minutes to throw together and are so easy the kids can make them!
only 3 ingredients!
One of my pet peeves is when I start a recipe and realize half way through that I’m missing an ingredient. The worst! It would be easy to just come up with a quick replacement, but baking is a science. You can’t simply swap out ingredients and expect your finished product to be perfect and taste exactly right.
So, when we saw this recipe for Easy PB Cookies, that only require 3 ingredients, we just HAD to give it them a try!
We’ve been long-time fans of regular Peanut Butter Cookies, and although we were doubtful that these would taste good having only 3 ingredients, we were completely wrong! These PB Cookies were surprisingly tasty, and you don’t have to worry about missing any of the ingredients. All you need is:
- Peanut Butter
- one egg
how to make 3 ingredient pb cookies
Making these cookies is a cinch!
Just combine these ingredients together, roll into balls, press down in a criss cross pattern on top with a fork and bake for 10 minutes. It honestly only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish, and is so easy the kids could do it by themselves without messing it up too much. 😉
- You can substitute the white sugar with brown sugar, or do half and half.
- For a lighter texture, add an extra egg. It will make the dough stickier so you won’t be able to roll it. Just use a cookie scoop to plop dough on a cookie sheet.
- Chill for 15-20 minutes before scooping and baking—this will help keep them from spreading as much.
Variations: Top with chocolate chips, or chocolate frosting. You can also make them into a sandwich with vanilla frosting or vanilla ice cream in the middle.
What is the best peanut butter to use? Natural Peanut butter is not recommended as the texture is quite different and the cookies don’t turn out as well. Your best bet is to stick with something smooth and creamy like JIF, Skippy or even a generic store brand.
NOTE: Higher elevations may require a different bake time. Watch carefully so they don’t burn.
How to store dough: Cover the bowl and store dough in the fridge for about 2 days. You can also shape the dough into cookies then flash freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, place the cookies, separating the layers with parchment paper, in a freezer safe airtight container. Freeze for 3-4 months.
How to store baked cookies: Store baked cookies in an airtight container for about 3-5 days. You can also freeze baked cookies. Place cookies in an airtight freezer safe container, separating the layers with parchment paper. Freeze for up to 6 months.
Who wouldn’t want a simple and tasty PB cookie that took just 15 minutes to make from start to finish? Yeah, that’s what I thought. 😉 Let us know they go if you give them a try.
For more peanut butter cookie recipes, check out:
- Classic Peanut Butter Cookies recipe
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Mini Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg until smooth and creamy. Roll mixture into small balls and place on a baking sheet. Using a fork, flatten each ball, making a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Adapted from allrecipes.com