Broccoli slaw is layered with green onions, oriental ramen noodles, peanuts, and sunflower seeds in a delicious dressing!
This Broccoli Slaw is AH-MAZING! You may think I’m exaggerating, but I’m not.
It has so many tasty ingredients that we love, and it really takes just minutes to throw together, which makes it perfect for parties and BBQs when you need to take a last minute dish.
I have been making it for summer potucks, and it has quickly become a family favorite!
The flavors meld together so perfectly, and I love the added crunch from the ramen and peanuts. It should definitely be added to your go to salad list!
how to make Broccoli Slaw
DRESSING. Make the dressing by combining the oil, vinegar, sugar and ramen seasoning packet in a small bowl. Mix and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
SLAW. Combine broccoli pieces, carrots, chopped green onions and sunflower seeds in a medium bowl. Crush ramen noodles and add in.
SERVE. Pour dressing over the salt right before serving and serve immediately.
Tips and add-ins
I like to use the packaged slaw just because it is so easy to grab at the store. However, you can definitely make your own slaw. All you will need to do is use a cheese grater to grate broccoli stems and carrots, then add sliced red cabbage.
We love this basic salad as is. However, the nice thing about salad is that it is so easy to customize. Try adding dried cranberries, sliced olives, julienned red apples, bacon bits, grilled chicken, pumpkin seeds to change things up.
You can prepare all the ingredients 1-2 days beforehand. Store them in separate containers and toss right before serving.
STORE leftover slaw in an airtight container and can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Keep in mind the raman noodles will take on moisture and become softer with time. Just toss in a handful of new noodles to add the crunch back in.
For more great Side salads, check out:
Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3 oz package ramen noodles Chicken flavoring (plus seasoning packet reserved)
- 2 heads Fresh broccoli diced
- 2 carrots grated
- ` green onion chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds already shelled
- Make the dressing by combining the oil, vinegar, sugar and ramen seasoning packet in a small bowl. Mix and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine broccoli pieces, carrots, chopped green onions and sunflower seeds in a medium bowl. Crush ramen noodles and add in.
- Pour dressing over the slaw right before serving and serve immediately.