Today’s recipe is Homemade Fudgy Brownies with a delicious Chocolate Buttercream Frosting. Oh yeah, and it’s topped with mini M&Ms! Talk about delicious, right?! I made these brownies using a new line of products from Mars that I can’t wait to tell you more about, but back to the brownies first. 😉 I made these bad boys last week and the entire family loved them! We usually have brownies with ice cream but surprisingly, the kids didn’t even ask for ice cream. I made enough for the kids in my Sunday School class at church for the next day and they gave them a big thumbs up too. These brownies were so moist and soft and the buttercream frosting made them even better. One of the kids in my class remarked that the brownies had a TON of flavor and I told them it was because I made them using Mars’ AMERICAN HERITAGE™ Chocolate. This chocolate is flavored with a blend of spices and ingredients available during colonial times, including cinnamon, nutmeg, chili pepper, orange, anise and vanilla. Yup – all those flavors are what made these brownies AMAZING!
Here is the recipe for these Homemade Brownies with Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup chocolate American Heritage chocolate drink mix
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1½ cup flour
- 2½ cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 TB vanilla
- ½ American Heritage chocolate bar (grated)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 TB unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (or ¼ cup chocolate drink)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1 TB milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine chocoalte drink mix, flour, sugar and salt in a bowl and mix. Add softened butter, eggs and vanilla and beat on LOW until well combined. Fold in ½ cup chocolate bar (grated) and mix well (Batter will be lighter than regular brownie mix but will darken when baked).
- Spread into a greased 9x13. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Let cool completely.
- For frosting, mix butter, cocoa, vanilla and salt in a bowl until well combined. Slowly add powdered sugar and milk and beat until well combined. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with mini M&Ms.
I used my regular cheese grater to grate the chocolate bar. 😉
These are the most flavorful brownies I’ve ever tried! Add the chocolate buttercream frosting and mini M&Ms and you’re in chocolate heaven! ;D
AMERICAN HERITAGE™ Chocolate is an authentic historic line of products—developed from chocolate recipes from the 1750’s—that celebrates the important role of chocolate in the lives of Americans during the 18th century. As I mentioned above, this chocolate is flavored with a blend of spices and ingredients available during colonial times, including cinnamon, nutmeg, chili pepper, orange, anise and vanilla and was created by Mars Chocolate to help educate consumers about the history of our nation through one of our most beloved foods—Chocolate!
Today, AMERICAN HERITAGE™ Chocolate is launching at M&Ms World Las Vegas! But, don’t fret – those who are not in or close to Las Vegas can still try these delicious products. AMERICAN HERITAGE™ Chocolate is sold at over 150 fine gift shops at historic sites and museums in the United States and Canada such as Colonial Williamsburg, Mount Vernon, Monticello, The Smithsonian and Parks Canada.
The products are available in a variety of formats for eating, drinking or baking. Here are the products that will be launching today:
- Chocolate Sticks: Individually-wrapped single serving chocolate sticks are great for on the go eating or stirring into your favorite hot beverage, 0.42 oz each, suggested retail price $1.50
- Chocolate Bites: Individually-wrapped, bite-size chocolates come in a keepsake muslin bag and are ideal for eating and sharing, 1.69 oz per bag, suggested retail price $7.50
- Chocolate Blocks: Two 3-oz chocolate blocks are perfect for grating, chunking, shaving or baking, suggested retail price $12.00
- Finely Grated Chocolate Drink: A re-sealable canister filled with a 12.72 oz bag of finely grated chocolate was created for drinking or baking, suggested retail price $22.00
What I love most is that AMERICAN HERITAGE™ Chocolate can be used in recipes replacing semi-sweet chocolate at a one-to-one ratio. For historic and modern-day recipes using AMERICAN HERITAGE™Chocolate, visit www.AmericanHeritageChocolate.com.
I’m SO excited that I was able to try out this new line of products from MARS and cannot wait to use them in even more of my yummy treats! 🙂
For a complete location listing or to purchase online, please visit www.AmericanHeritageChocolate.com. And for even more information, be sure to check out AMERICAN HERITAGE™ Chocolate on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.