Soup, Soup, Soup! We’ve got soup on the brain, can you tell? Most of you can truly feel the need for a nice, warm bowl of scrumptious soup. Us Arizona folks are still baking in the 100 degree weather, but, I’m a believer that it’s never too hot for a good soup. And so… I’m happy to present today’s Tried and True recipe for Cheeseburger Soup. This has been my favorite one we’ve so far this year! Its creamy and cheesy and just simple enough to be YOUR new favorite too.
This Cheeseburger soup recipe has so much flavor and is so hearty! It’s filled with hamburger meat, carrots, potatoes, Velveeta and so many delicious spices!MY OTHER RECIPES
And did I forget to mention it’s topped with bacon?! Perfect for you bacon lovers! I will say my hubby was surprised there were carrots in the soup since you really don’t have carrots on cheeseburger, but somehow they worked out perfectly in the recipe! I hope you’ll agree. 😉
For more beef soups, check out:
- 1-1½ lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 TB onion flakes
- ½ cup butter, divided
- 1½ cups carrots
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 6 medium potatoes (need 8 cups)
- 1 carton chicken broth
- ½ cup onedra (or flour)
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 package sliced velveta
- Bacon, optional
- Peel and chop your potatoes and carrots. Add both to a crock pot with broth. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, over the stove, melt 6 TB of butter in a skillet then add that and the 2 cans of evaporated milk into your pot.
- Cook your hamburger in the skillet with 2 TB of butter and add onion flakes. Once cooked, add to your crock pot along with seasonings and turn on low for at least an hour. Add velveta 30 minutes before serving. Top with bacon bits (optional). Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from mamaplusone.