One of your favorite Italian dishes turned into a delicious soup! This Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Soup is a creamy tomato-base soup filled with chicken, penne pasta, and of course cheese. The best part – it comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Chicken Parm Soup
We’ve made lots of different soups especially over the last few months like our Baked Potato Soup, Lasagna Soup, or one of my favorites Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. All of these recipes are delicious, but my current favorite has to be today’s recipe – Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Soup. I’ve always been a sucker for all Chicken Parmesan recipes, so this one really hit home with me. There’s something amazing about parmesan crusted chicken covered in marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, served over pasta (like in our Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe), but let me tell you – it is just as amazing in the form of soup!
This Chicken Parmesan Soup has all the same flavors as the classic Italian dish: tomato, chicken, cheese, and pasta! It takes less than 30 minutes to put together, and it pleases the whole family. The kids love it too because it’s pretty much a really, runny pasta dish with lots of cheese (which you can never go wrong with)!
How to make Chicken Parm Soup:
- Saute garlic and then stir in tomato paste, crushed red pepper flakes, italian seasoning, and basil.
- Add diced tomatoes and chicken broth, then bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken and cook about 10-12 minutes (if chicken is already cooked, simmer for about 5 minutes).
- Add dry pasta and cook about 10 minutes until tender.
- Mix in parmesan and mozzarella cheese before serving, and enjoy!
Seriously?! That cheese has me drooling! If you love the classic Chicken Parmesan dish, we know you’ll love this soup version. It’s just so flavorful and perfect to enjoy any night of the week.
Complete the meal by also making:
For more delicious soup recipes, check out:
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Italian Tortellini Soup
- Chicken Alfredo Soup
- Zesty Parmesan Soup
- Zuppa Toscana
Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp basil
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 5-6 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 8 oz penne
- 1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish
Warm oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in tomato paste, crushed red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, and basil. Add diced tomatoes and chicken broth, bring to a simmer. Add chicken and cook until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Our chicken was already cooked, so we only let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add dry pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, mix in both cheeses until just melted. Season with salt and pepper. Top with parsley for effect ? Enjoy!!
Adapted from Delish.