To prepare for the arrival of baby #6, my mom, sisters and I started prepping for fall and winter recipes back in May. Craziness, I know, but that means we’ve been enjoy soup and pumpkin recipes all summer long. Fortunately, we are fans of these kinds of recipes and were happy to start enjoying them a bit early. One of the recipes we tried this summer was a cheesy Chicken Corn Chowder that was simply amazing!
This recipe has all of our favorite ingredients – chicken, corn, carrots, potatoes and cheese. And to be quite honest, you really can’t go wrong with a recipe like this. It is a little thicker (hence the reason why it’s a chowder), but you can always make it even more soup-y by adding a bit more chicken broth.
The best part about this recipe is it’s very kid-friendly. My kids still tend to cringe if they notice any “green” things in soup so this recipe was a hit. If you’re all about flavorful, simple and hearty chowders then you’ll have to try this recipe. It will definitely be made and enjoyed several more times this fall!
Chicken Corn Chowder:
Cheesy Chicken Corn Chowder
A hearty and delicious Chicken Corn chowder filled with all the best ingredients - chicken, potatoes, corn, carrots, cheese and more!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups potatoes cubed
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
In a large pot, bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add potatoes, carrots, corn, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In another pan, melt butter, add flour and mix well. Slowly add milk and cook until thickens. Stir in cheese and mix until melted.
- Add cheese/milk mixture to veggie mixture and mix until combined and cooked through. ENJOY!