Happy Wednesday! I’m sorry (not sorry) for another soup recipe today, but I just HAVE to do it. We’ve been experimenting with all sorts of new soup recipes lately and we have been hitting the jackpot. Today is no different, my friends.
I’m pretty sure I’ll eat anything with the word “cheesy” in it. However, cheese is not the only good thing in this Cheesy Ham Chowder. Its packed with yummy ingredients, like chunky potatoes, diced carrots, and ham. YUM! You know I’m not a huge of bacon (weirdo, I know!), but that’s a simple fix. If you’re like me, just serve yourself a bowl before you add in the bacon, and its a win win for everyone. As I mentioned before, this chowder is pretty thick (just as it should be), but if you’d like for it be more soupy be sure to add more milk or chicken broth.
We really hope you enjoy this chowder as much as we did. Here’s the recipe:
- 10 bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 TB all-purpose flour
- 3½ cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2-1/2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- Cook bacon in a medium pan until crisp, remove and set on a paper towel to drain. Without removing the bacon grease, add carrots and saute until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Slowly add milk, chicken broth, and water. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Stir until thickened.
- Add your potatoes, corn, bouillon and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add ham, bacon, and cheese. Stir and serve.
Adapted from www.tasteofhome.com
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 8-10
ANY CHANGES MADE: removed onions, added more milk and also added chicken broth
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Check out these other soup recipes – they are to DIE FOR!
For all soup recipes, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!