This Mexican soup is packed with beans, shredded chicken, corn, tomatoes and a little bit of heat. It’s the perfect soup to enjoy all year long.
Mexican Chicken Soup
Give me all the soup recipes! I just can’t get enough. Soups are easy, filling, and there is always leftovers or enough to feed a bunch of friends or family. This Mexican chicken soup is no different. It’s filled with your favorite Mexican ingredients, including beans, green chiles, corn, peppers, tomatoes and more (yes, it’s a lot like our Chicken Tortilla Soup)!
Let’s be honest, I’m a BUSY mom. No matter where we are in life, we are all busy! That’s why I love a good, simple and quick soup recipe. Throw all ingredients in, stir, cook for bit, and dinner (and lunch and dinner for the next day!) is served. You’re going to love the taste of this Mexican chicken soup. The beans are cooked to perfection and they go so well with the shredded chicken. I will never tire of this delicious soup.
Mexican Soup Ingredients
There are so many tasty ingredients in this soup. It’s full of proteins, and spices, and tender pieces of chicken. You get a little of everything in this Mexican bean soup. Including:
- cooked shredded chicken
- kidney beans
- a can of stewed tomatoes
- one green and one red bell pepper
- a can of chopped green chilis
- chicken broth
- spices like: cumin, onion powder and salt & pepper
Feel free to add other ingredients that you’d think would be yummy. For example:
- other types of beans
- other veggies you have in your kitchen
- other spices like a little bit of chili powder for more heat!
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients, put all of it into a big pot and mix it to combine. Then cook on the stove over medium heat and let it simmer for 45 minutes. Easiest and most delicious soup ever? Yes.
If you want this Mexican soup to be a little bit on the smooth and creamy side, just add ½ cup whipping cream at the end and let cook for an additional few minutes. That sounds super tasty!
Can you make Mexican soup in the crock pot?
Yes, you can and talk about making it even EASIER! Let it cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Set it and go about your day! Dinner will be ready and waiting for you.
What are the best garnishes/toppings for Mexican soup?
- sliced avocado
- sour cream
- grated Cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
How to store soup?
Place in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
We sure hope you love this quick, easy and tasty Mexican soup. It’s so full of flavor and is sure to become a family favorite in no time. 😉
Complete the meal by also making:
For more soup recipes, be sure to check out:
- Mexican Chicken and Corn Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Copycat Chili’s Enchilada Soup
- Taco Soup
Mexican Soup Recipe
- 3 boneless chicken breast halves cooked and shredded
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 (14.5oz)can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 (4oz) can green chilis chopped
- 2 (14.5oz) cans chicken broth
- 1 TB ground cumin
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot, mix cooked chicken, kidney beans, corn, tomatoes, red and green bell peppers, green chiles, broth, onion powder, salt, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat and let simmer 45 minutes.