Who here loves Italian food? We LOVE it at our home and mostly because it’s enjoyed by the entire family. The flavors are delicious and there are just so many different recipes that fall under this category that we can never get sick of it. Although we love all the pizzas, lasagnas and pastas we are also fans of the Italian soups. And since soup season is just around the corner, we wanted to share a recipe for Italian Chicken Vegetable Soup.
Today’s recipe is very simple and very flavorful. It includes chicken, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, chicken broth and cheese. It takes a little bit of time to cook, but it’s very easy to make. I also tend to have all these ingredients on hand which means we can make it in a jiffy.
Like many other soups, you can change up the ingredients according to your liking. Onions, mushrooms, or spinach may be great additions. We even think substituting the chicken for sausage would be great or even adding some pasta shells would make it even better. We liked the soup as is, and we think you will too because it really is so easy and tasty.
For more yummy soup recipes, check out:
Chicken Vegetable Soup:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 zucchini (sliced)
- 2 – 14.5 oz. cans diced Italian tomatoes
- 2 – 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until cooked through.
- Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve warm. ENJOY!