Bring the taste of Italy home with this Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana soup recipe. It’s filled with sausage, bacon, kale, and potatoes! So creamy and delicious, the whole family loves this soup!
Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
Have you ever tried Zuppa Toscana soup before? It’s most famous being served at Olive Garden but has become a popular recipe over the years. In fact, Zuppa Toscana means a soup recipe from Tuscany, but it’s most commonly made from kale, zucchini, cannellini beans, potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, tomato pulp, extra virgin olive oil, salt, powdered chili, toasted Tuscan bread, and rigatino (Italian bacon). I got today’s recipe for the soup from a family friend, and although it doesn’t have all of those ingredients it has some of them and ended up tasting so delicious.
Today’s soup recipe does include sausage, kale, potatoes and bacon, which are some of my favorite ingredients. You can easily add some of the other items like celery and carrots, based on what you like but we thought this was perfect as is. We ended up making a few changes by adding less water and adding Parmesan cheese on top and loved how all the flavors came together so perfectly!
How to Make Zuppa Toscana Soup:
Believe it or not, this soup actually comes together really quickly! After you’ve prepared all the ingredients (chopped the kale, cooked and crumbled the bacon, and cut the potatoes), it only takes about 25 minutes to cook the soup! Here are the instructions:
- Brown the sausage with the minced garlic and set aside.
- Add the water, chicken broth, chicken base, and potatoes into a large pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale and whipping cream, and cook an additional 5-7 minutes. Serve warm and ENJOY!
Although I’m sure everyone has their version of this recipe, it’s definitely one to try. You can always head down to Olive Garden and try their version or you can use this recipe to make it at home. Either way, it’s a soup that should be tried and enjoyed!!
Complete the meal by also making:
And for more favorite soups, check out:
- Cheesy Chicken Parmesan Soup
- Lasagna Soup
- Italian Tortellini Soup
- Basil Parmesan Italian Soup
- Wild Rice Soup
Zuppa Toscana Recipe
- 12 oz Jimmy Dean Italian Sausage
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 29 oz chicken broth
- 6-7 cups water
- 2 tbsp chicken base
- 2 medium potatoes cut into strips and quatered
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups kale leaves chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
In a large skillet, brown sausage with minced garlic and set aside.
- In a large pot add water, chicken broth, chicken base, and potatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add crumbled bacon, sausage, kale and whipping cream. Cook an additional 5-7 minutes and serve warm. ENJOY!