If you’ve ever been to Panera Bread, you know how amazing their Broccoli Cheddar Soup is! This copycat recipe tastes just like it, and is AMAZING! Filled with yummy ingredients like chicken, carrots, broccoli, and lots of seasonings, you’ll love this Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe.
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Who loves Panera? Unfortunately, there wasn’t a Panera that I knew of in Arizona, so the first time I had it was 3.5 years ago in Chicago. I went with my hubby, and we both tried the Broccoli and Cheese Soup. It was amazing!!! Both of us quickly became huge fans. Unfortunately, we lived in Arizona, so we didn’t get to enjoy this yummy goodness as much as we wanted, but fast forward a few years and now you can find a Panera every few miles!
One of my favorite soups from there is their Broccoli & Cheese Soup – so good (different from our classic Broccoli Cheddar soup, but just as good)!! Yes, we’ll still go and dine in, but now I can make the soup at home ANY TIME I want to because this recipe tastes JUST like it!! WoO HoO! If you’re obsessed with this soup like us, then I think you’ll be just as excited as we are. 😀 I think I’ll make some next week and serve it in sourdough bread bowls!! In fact, we’ll probably stop by Panera and pick up a few of their bread bowls since I have a hard time finding them at the grocery store. 😉
How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe:
Can we talk about all the delicious ingredients in this soup? It’s definitely not your average broccoli cheese soup. It has:
- delicious seasonings
To make this amazingly delicious soup, just melt the butter in a large pot, add the chopped veggies and cook for a few more minutes. Add the seasonings, chicken broth, cream, mustard, and whisk until smooth. Simmer over medium-low heat. Whisk together cornstarch and remaining broth and add to the pot, stirring until smooth. Lastly, add chicken and cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. Simple as that! It only takes about 3o minutes to cook. Hence why we’re making this copycat recipe all the time from here on out. 😉
The combination of chicken, cheese, broccoli and carrots make this soup irresistible!! Oh, and top it off with croutons – I promise you won’t regret it. ;D
For more favorite soup recipes check out:
- Fajita Chicken Chili
- White Chicken Chili
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup
- Crock Pot Green Chile Enchilada Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Minestrone Soup
- Lasagna Soup
Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 c chopped carrots
- 4 c chopped broccoli
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 4 1/2 c chicken or vegetable broth divided
- 1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 2 c sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 2 c cooked chicken cubed
- In a large pot, melt butter. Add carrots and broccoli cook for additional 3-4 minutes, season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Pour 4 cups of chicken broth and the cream into vegetable mixture. Add one teaspoon mustard and whisk until smooth. Simmer over medium-low heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1/2 cup of broth with the cornstarch until smooth. Pour into the stockpot. Whisk with the vegetable mixture until smooth. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken and cheese. Cook just until melted. Reduce heat until ready to serve.