Loaded with sweet, tropical flavors, this delicious Luau Salad is BETTER than it’s Cheesecake Factory double!
This Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad is perfect for summer on the patio. It may take a bit of time, but these salads will sure to be a showstopper! For more sweet summer salads try Greek Orzo Salad, Ramen Noodle Salad, and Chicken Caesar Salad.
Better Than Cheesecake Factory
If you’ve been to The Cheesecake Factory restaurant chain, you’ve likely indulged in their beautiful salads and entrees. It is my fav salad to get there. It’s a stacked salad loaded with tropical flavors that will make you think you’re on an island getaway in Hawaii.
I’ve recreated this delicious salad and even added a few extras to make it even better than the Cheesecake Factory favorite! The macadamia nuts also add amazing texture and a are a nice tropical complementary flavor.
One of my favorite parts of the salad are the giant wontons. I had a hard time finding wonton wrappers so I substituted wonton strips instead. They are easily found in the salad topping section of the grocery store and have the same tasty flavor as the original large. I hope you enjoy the tropical island flavors soon!
Making Luau Salad
On a dinner plate, layer:
- a large, uncut lettuce leaf
- sprinkle with a bit of chicken
- wonton strips
TOP. Repeat this process 3-4 times until you’ve used all of your ingredients. Top the salad with the macadamia nuts and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
DRESSING. In a large glass measuring cup, measure out the juice, vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine all ingredients. Pour over salad. Enjoy right away.
Ingredient Tips + Storing Info
- Making the dressing ahead of time not only saves time when you’re making the rest of the salad, but it allows for all the flavors of the dressing to blend together.
- You can also slice and prepare the veggies and fruit beforehand to save you time. Just wait to throw it all together until right before it is served so it stays fresh.
- If you decide to fry your own wontons I want to warn you they cook quickly and continue to cook a bit even after removing them from the pan. I suggest removing them a shade lighter than you want and they will end up perfect!
If you are planning on having leftovers I suggest STORING the ingredients and dressing separately. It will keep everything fresh and prevent the salad from getting soggy. STORE the fruit and vegetables in separate airtight containers in the fridge for 3-5 days. STORE any leftover dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Wontons and nuts/seeds can be stored at room temperature.
More Copycat Recipes:
Cheesecake Factory Luau Salad Recipe
- 3-4 leaves boston lettuce or bib lettuce
- 1/2 cup white meat chicken already cooked, or rotisserie chicken works well
- 1 cup pineapple fresh and sliced
- 1/2 cup mandarin oranges
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1/2 cup wonton strips
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper a few grinds of each
- On a dinner plate, layer a large, uncut lettuce leaf, and sprinkle with a bit of chicken, pineapple, oranges, onion, celery and wonton strips. Repeat this process 3-4 times until you've used all of your ingredients. Top the salad with the macadamia nuts and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- For dressing: In a large glass measuring cup, measure out the juice, vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine all ingredients. Pour over salad. Enjoy right away.
Mmmm this salad looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing Erin!
For more great recipes and ideas from her, head on over to Delightful E Made!