Cheesy Hasselback Potatoes stuffed with cheese, bacon and so much flavor. It’s one of the yummiest ways to serve potatoes.
We love potatoes and this cheesy hasselback version is a new favorite! For more great potato sides, check out some other favs like: funeral potatoes, twice baked potato casserole and oven roasted red potatoes.
A great Way to have potatoes!
We recently tried a new potato recipe for Hasselback potatoes and they were amazing. Not only very easy, but so tasty and so flavorful.
They’re stuffed with cheese and bacon which make them pretty irresistible. These potatoes are also drizzled in Italian dressing and Parmesan cheese which adds so much flavor. Although we didn’t serve these with sour cream, we probably will next time, because we love the potatoes + sour cream combo.
The hubby suggested we add some pork in with the cheese and bacon and I think that would actually be a great addition. With or without the pork, these potatoes are delicious and I think you’ll LOVE them!
How to Make Hasselback Potatoes
CUTTING TIP: Here is another way to cut these potatoes that may be easier.
- Cut a thin piece off the bottom of the potato. This will provide a flat side and keep the potato from rolling.
- Place the handles of two wooden spoons parallel to each other with enough space in between to set a potato.
- Set a potato between the parallel spoon handles.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the potato into thin strips.
- The spoon handles act as a guard and stop the knife from slicing all the way through the potato.
MICROWAVE. From there, place on a microwave save dish and microwave for 10-12 minutes.
BAKE. Place potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with ¼ cup Italian dressing and bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
BROIL. Preheat broiler. While broiler is heating up add cheese slices in every other potato slice and bacon in the other slices. Combine remaining Italian dressing and Parmesan and drizzle over potatoes.
Variations, Storing + Serving
Want to change it up? Here are a few ways to do that…
- Try using our Bacon in The Oven recipe
- Add more flavors with garlic, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper etc.
- Add sour cream and other topping slike jalapenos, scallions, salsa
- Use other favorite cheese like pepper jack, monterrey or mozzarella
- Want plain-jane hasselbacks? Simply slice and brush with butter/oil before microwaving. Place on a baking sheet and brush again with butter/oil. Bake for 15 minutes and then broil until crisp.
How to serve these at a party: These look amazing and would be great party food! However they are kind of huge to serve as appetizers. So I would suggest using baby potatoes or red potatoes for a party situation. It would be super fun to also have different dips for people to have with their potatoes.
Storage: The easiest way is to keep them in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat them either in the microwave or oven depending on how many you want to reheat and what you prefer.
You can also FREEZE leftovers. Simply wrap each potato with plastic wrap and again with foil. Freeze for 2-3 months. Just reheat in an oven at 425-degrees for 20-25 minutes
Complete the meal by also making:
Hasselback Potato Recipe
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing divided
- 12 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 oz cheddar cheese cut into 48 slices
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 450.
Cut a thin, lengthwise slice off the bottom of the potatoes so they will not roll.
Cut potato crosswise without going all the way to the bottom. Do this for all the potatoes. Microwave for 10-12 minutes.
Place potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with ¼ cup Italian dressing and bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
While broiler is heating up add cheese slices in every other potato slice and bacon in the other slices.
Combine remaining Italian dressing and Parmesan and drizzle over potatoes. Top with chives and broil for a few minutes. Serve warm and ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Kraft.