Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson® Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Loaded with fresh fruit, toasted almonds and crisp, lightly breaded chicken, this salad is the perfect mid-day boost! I don’t know about you, but I love a good salad, especially when crispy chicken and homemade dressing is involved. Tyson® Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast Strips make the prep work a breeze.
I picked up a bag of these lightly breaded chicken breast strips in the freezer aisle of Walmart. They’re made with 100% natural ingredients which means they’re preservative free! I popped them in the oven for about 22 minutes and the result? Crispy, tender chicken with 65% less breading compared to the Crispy Original Strips. That’s right, more white meat chicken and with the same crunchy, flavorful, breaded taste.
While the chicken was cooking in the oven, washed the greens, rinsed the berries and grapes, cut the avocado and grabbed the almonds. Since l had a few minutes left before the chicken was ready, I decided to whip up a homemade honey mustard dressing. It was so easy!! I poured all of the ingredients into my mini food processor and pulsed away until it was smooth and creamy.
After letting the chicken rest for about 5 minutes, I sliced up and tossed everything on top of the greens. I gave the salad a drizzle of the dressing and dug in! All of the flavors worked so well together, and I loved how filling it was with the addition of chicken. The salad was just what I needed to make it through the rest of the day.
Next time you’re strolling down the freezer aisle, make sure to grab a bag or two of Tyson® Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast Strips. Not only are they easy to prepare, but they’re packed full of flavor and protein. They make a great addition to salads or just about any meal for that matter. How would you enjoy them?
Grab the recipe for the Chicken Berry Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing below:
- 2 Tyson® Lightly Breaded Strips
- 3 c. mixed greens
- ¼ c. sliced strawberries
- ¼ c. blueberries
- ¼ c. raspberries
- ½ c. grapes
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- ⅓ c. toasted sliced almonds
- For the honey mustard dressing:
- 6 tbsp. honey
- ¼ c. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. mayo or plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- pinch pepper
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch salt
- Cook chicken strips according to package's directions. Let cool for 5 minutes then cut into strips.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the greens, place the chicken, berries, grapes, avocado and almonds on top.
- To make the dressing, in a food processor or blender, combine all of the ingredients (for a non-creamy version, omit the mayo or yogurt). Pulse or blend until smooth, about 1 minute (note: you can whisk vigorously too). Pour desired amount over the salad, toss and enjoy.
Best part? This salad is great ALL YEAR LONG!!
For more great recipes from Tyson be sure to follow the Tyson Bread Chicken Pinterest Board.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.