Disney paid for my family’s vacation to Walt Disney World. As always, all opinions are my own.
The Ultimate Disney World Packing List – everything you need to bring whether you are visiting the parks or the cruise. Save, print and check off all the items you need for you trip.
What to Pack for Disney World?
Heading to the Happiest Place on Earth is so exciting! With it being such a magical trip, most like to plan and organize the trip so nothing is missed. One of those aspects relates to packing for Disney World.
But, what all do you really need?
There are so many things to think of, so I wanted to put together the COMPLETE WALT DISNEY WORLD PACKING LIST for you to use for your next vacation. I’ve been working on this list since we had our vacation and hope I covered everything.
TO DOWNLOAD THE FREE PACKING LIST – CLICK HERE
You won’t need everything on this list. Just go through and highlight all the things you will need and then you can check them off as you pack them. 😉
There will be different factors that determine what needs to be packed, but things to be considered, include:
- Who is coming with you – babies, kids, teenagers, adults, etc.
- How long you are staying and which parks you are visiting
- What time of year your are visiting
- Mode of transportation – you’ll need different things whether your drive or fly there
Packing for Disney World
Because Disney World is such a big trip, we recommend starting to pack at least two weeks in advance.
We suggest doing this so you’re not stuck doing it all last-minute. This also helps to provide you ample amount of time to get some of those last-minute items that have to be ordered (that may have been forgotten).
Using our packing list, you will be able to decide what is and what is not needed for your family and for this trip. Highlight those items and make lists leading up to the trip so you can make sure you have everything needed in packing for Disney World.
Disney World Packing Tips
Do you want to make packing for Disney World even easier? We have some amazing tips to help with this, including:
- Bring Roller/Spinner Luggage – With bringing so much, it’s nice to have luggage that is easy to lug around. The roller/spinner luggage is great for this! We also like to have a piece of luggage assigned to each kid to help carry it through out the airport.
- Luggage Tags – Invest in nicer luggage tags or make a point to grab extra paper tags next time you’re at the airport. With kids in tow and lots to hold, it’s nice to have those filled out and on the luggage before getting to the airport.
- Packing Food/Snacks – Grab the essentials, but don’t feel like you have to pack or bring a ton of food. There are grocery delivery companies that will deliver to your resort. We’ve used GardenGrocer.com and Instacart in the past, and it’s nice to have them in your room right after your arrive. We like to order water bottles, snacks for the parks and Breakfast items.
- Pack an extra duffle bag – Many tend to come home with more “stuff” after leaving Disney World. Packing an extra bag or two will help you get those items home.
- Pack scented trash bags – Whether your driving or flying there, we like to have scented trash bags to put all of our dirty clothes in. Not only does it minimize “smelly” luggage but they come in pretty handy when trying to get things back in the suitcases.
- Pack Dryer Sheets – We also like to bring dryer sheets to place in the luggage so they smell nice and fresh. It’s not necessary, but it’s definitely nice.
Again – download, print and use our list above. It will come in so handy! As I mentioned above, there is no need to bring everything on the print. This list is simply to help you know the things you may need while you’re there depending on your family situation and when you are attending the parks.
TO DOWNLOAD THE FREE PACKING LIST – CLICK HERE
I hope these tips and Prints help in planning your vacation to Walt Disney World!
And, for even a few more tips check these out:
- Best Restaurants in Disney World
- 25+ MUST-KNOW Disney Cruise Tips
- Verry Merrytime Cruise Info
- Disney World Vacation Planning
- TOP Disney World Tips & Tricks
- Preserving Your Disney Memories
- 10 Creative Ways to Reveal A Disney Vacation
Such an awesome post! We are planning a trip there this year, so this will come in handy! Thanks for the darling printables! xo
These are great tips! We’re hoping to visit again next year. 🙂
So much awesome info crammed into one post! It’s been so long since I’ve been- things have definitely changed (and will be totally different now what we’ve got kids)! Pinning some of these for later 🙂
The paper chain is adorable! Wish you would have written this post a few months ago before we went to Disneyland. 😉
This is so fabulous! We are planning our first disneyworld trip in may and this is perfect!
Great tips! I printed just about everything from this post! One thing I caught was in your 30 day Disney ring countdown was day 20 is missing! I thought I was going crazy! Thanks again!
Haha, you are awesome!! Thanks for letting me know about the ring. I will have to get that fixed. Thanks so much!
There is no # 20 for the countdown?
Thanks for pointing that out! We’ll fix that!
My 30 day countdown starts this thursday do you think it will be fixed by then?
I tried printing your check lists 5 times. Never could get the first page to print. The page with clothing on the left.
Just a tip: I don’t recommend turning off your AC/heater. Here’s why: my dad worked for a utility company and customers were always complaining about their bills sky-rocketing when they were on vacation. When you turn off your unit, your home rests at the outside temp and has to work that much harder to return to your comfort level when YOU return from vacay. Just set it at your normal temp and let it go. 🙂
By the way, GREAT tips!!! I’m printing this off for when we leave in a couple of weeks!
Thanks!! I hope they help and thank you for sharing yours!
Holy cow! That is a LOT of information in one spot. We love Disney and last year went on our first Disney cruise. What fun we had. Disney really is the happiest place on Earth and it is impressive to see the attention to detail that only Disney can master. Will use these great tips for our next Disney adventure!
We love Disney!!! How can you not? 🙂 I hope you had so much on your cruise! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Thanks “KRISTYN MERKLEY” for sharing depth informative post. Your complete packing checklist is a perfect thing for those people who want to take a perfect final decision in a few minutes.
Thanks so much for that! I hope it does help 🙂
You are most welcome.
Wish we can make it?
Kristyn, your list is just what i was looking for! There are a gigillion other WDW packing lists out there, but none are as colorful and thorough as yours. It’s exactly what I would make if i were creating one! thank you for helping me organize (in list form) all of the things we need to take. We leave on Thursday, so watch out mickey, here we come!!!
You are so welcome!! Thank you!! Have so much fun!
I work for a major airline in the united states and we never need childrens’ birth certificates for domestic travel. I would say to leave those home in a safe place. =)