How to boil the perfect egg – this simple tutorial shows you how to get the perfect hard boiled eggs that are easy to peel and have no gray rings!
Perfect Boiled Eggs
I spent the first few years of marriage trying to figure out how to boil the perfect egg. I had googled it and had tried countless tutorials. Most turn out okay but almost always it’s not a consistent thing. Sometimes the eggs will not be cooked all the way or they have that nasty gray ring around it. Not good.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
It’s been several years now, but my dad was able to show me how to make perfect boiled eggs. Knowing that some of you may have the same issue, I wanted to share my dad’s egg cooking tips with you since there are so many recipes that boiled eggs are needed, including:
How to Boil the Perfect Egg
- Place your eggs in a pot of cool water and cover completely by 1 inch or so. Add a pinch of salt and a tsp. of vegetable oil (this will make them easy pell hard boiled eggs).
- Bring water to a boil on medium heat. Once it has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat.
- Let sit off heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Dump hot water from pot and fill with cold water and let cool for an additional few minutes.
- Shell your eggs and ENJOY!
NOTE: Leave oil out if using eggs to DYE eggs – the oil prevents the color from staying on very well. 😉
I’m so glad I finally asked my dad how he did it because it has worked so well for us!! And what’s funny is when I asked my mom how she did it, it was totally different. I know everyone boils their eggs differently, but I recommend giving this way a try because it has yet to fail us. And the best part of all is that the egg shell usually slips right off which makes peeling so quick and easy too. 🙂