My tastes buds are changing on me, and I couldn’t be happier about it!! That’s because I’m starting to like more and more things that I never had an interest in when I was younger. I’m realizing I’m missing out, and have been having a blast experimenting and trying new recipes. One of those happens to be today’s dessert – Lemon Lime Poke Cake.
I’ve always loved poke cake but had only tried the berry versions (strawberry, raspberry, etc.). Lemon and lime have never been my favorite flavors, but they are slowly becoming some delicious flavors I can’t get enough of!! It all started with the Lime Sheet Cake and Lemon Lasagna desserts that I made last year. I loved them, and even my hubby was surprised by that fact (he’s the REAL lemon-lime lover in the house). Since then I’ve tried more treats and absolutely LOVE how this cake turned out. I even got my sister to try it (she hates fruity desserts) and she loved it as well. It’s light, refreshing and so delicious!! The lime in the cake and the layers of lemon pudding and whipped cream on top make it irresistible!! It’s truly the perfect cake for spring time. ;D
If you love all things fruity and scrumptious (and easy!!) cakes, then I highly recommend this one. It is sure to be a hit!
Poke Cake Recipe:
- 1 box white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs (ingredients listed on back of cake mix)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 - 3 oz. box lime-flavored gelatin
- 1 envelope Dream whip
- 1 small package instant lemon pudding
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 small tub Cool whip or 2 cups whipped cream
- Grated lemon AND lime peel
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make cake as directed in box and fold in lemon peel before pouring into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake cake and let cool.
- While cake is cooling make gelatin by boiling water and pouring in gelatin mix. Stir until dissolved.
- Poke cake with a fork going down half way all over the cake. Spoon gelatin mixture into holes and refrigerate for at least 1½ hours.
- For frosting, mix dream whip, lemon pudding and milk with hand mixer until it thickens. Add to the top of cake.
- Top with Cool Whip (or whipped cream) and grated lemon and lime peel and refrigerate an additional hour before serving. ENJOY!
Although I hate the word, this cake was so “moist” and so good!!
Check out this recipe for another favorite lemon treat:
For more great poke cakes, check out: