How are you guys doing? I hope you had an awesome day!
Guess what I did today? You’ll never guess! I had a soccer game AND my birthday party!! We did a pirate party. Since we bought pirate costumes for Halloween, my mom said we could wear them today at the party. They were cute!! Me and my sister, Evie, have the same costume and even mom has a grown up version of the same costume. We also had a treasure hunt! Guess what ended up being the treasure?! The cake – it had jewels and necklaces but also had Ring Pops and Edible Coins which made it look like a treasure. We loved it… and it was delicious. My mom said she’ll share the recipe later with you guys. 😉
Do you want to know what we made a few weeks ago? It’s called Melted Witch Bark. My mom showed me it a long time ago (from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen) and I really wanted to try it. It was SO good!! It’s perfect for Halloween parties or to take to your neighbors. ANYTHING!
You can even hand them out at Halloween for Trick or Treating!!
If you like these, here is the recipe:
Melted Witch Bark Recipe
Melted Witch Bark - a cute and fun Halloween treat everyone will love! All you need to make these fun treats are - green candy melts, mini chocolate chips, pretzel sticks, mini reeses, Halloween oreos, and Hershey Hugs!
- 1 bag Wilton Candy Melts vibrant green
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips divided
- 8 pretzel sticks
- 8 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 8 Halloween Oreos
- 8 Hershey's Hugs
Begin by laying out parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Get pretzels sticks, Reese's, Oreos, Hugs, mini chips out and ready so they are easy to grab.
- Place 1 cup candy melts in a small pot and melt on low heat stirring constantly. Once all melted spoon out onto parchment paper and spread into a circle. We made ours about 4 inches in diameter.
- Quickly add remaining mini chips to a small pot and melt on low heat stirring constantly. Spoon a tiny amount onto your green circles and use a toothpick to swirl around.
- Add Oreos as hat in the corner. Add Hugs by dipping into excess melted chocolate and adding to the top of the Ore. Add mini chips for eyes.
- Stick pretzels in your mini Reese's and place on the opposite side of the Oreo.
- Let set until ready to eat or package.
Recipe adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.
Spoon melted candy melts onto parchment paper.
Add melted mini chocolate chips and swirl around.
Add your hat, eyes and broom stick!!
We had so much fun making these! I think your kids would love them too. I think you could do a pudding version too with pistachio pudding in a cup! Wouldn’t that be awesome?
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
Here are some yummy Halloween treats you will LOVE:
Hope you have a wonderful time preparing for Halloween!!
For all treats by Lily go HERE.
For all Halloween ideas go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
Me and Evie were ready with the brooms and eyes to add to the green melts!