Simple sweet Melted Witch Bark is SO cute and festive. It’s perfect for a party activity and tastes yummy!
I love simple Halloween treats like Chocolate Pudding Spider Pies, Gummy Worm Jello Cups, and Gooey Monster Cookies that are not only fun to make, but tasty as well! Melted Witch bark is one of those fun and edible Halloween crafts that everyone will love!
Party Perfect Witches
Everyone know the classic scene from Wizard of Oz where the Wicked Witch of the West gets a bucket of water dumped on her and shreiks “I’m melting!!”. This melted witch bark reminds me of that. 😉
This is a great recipe to make for Halloween parties because it makes individual treats. You could either use them as a party craft/activity (my little ones LOVE helping make these!), or package them up for party favors.
No matter how you decide to make and use them, everyone will be impressed with these darling little treats!
How to Make Them
PREP. Begin by laying out parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Get pretzels sticks, Reese’s, Oreos, Hugs, mini chips out and ready so they are easy to grab.
MELTED WITCH. Place 1 cup candy melts in a small pot and melt on low heat stirring constantly. Once all melted spoon out onto parchment paper and spread into a circle. We made ours about 4 inches in diameter. Quickly add remaining mini chips to a small pot and melt on low heat stirring constantly. Spoon a tiny amount onto your green circles and use a toothpick to swirl around.
WITCH HAT. Add Oreos as hat in the corner. Top with Hugs by dipping into excess melted chocolate and adding to the top of the Oreo. Add mini chips for eyes.
WITCH BROOM. Stick pretzels in your mini Reese’s and place on the opposite side of the Oreo.
SET. Let set until ready to eat or package.
This Witches bark is pretty easy to make with simple ingredients. However, you can always change things up a bit. Here are a few yummy and fun ideas:
- Use Keebler fudge stripe cookies for the hat
- Swap out the classic Oreos for Mint Oreos
- Use Halloween themed kisses
- Top with sprinkles
- Top with candy eyeballs for the melted witch
STORE this on the counter at room temperature or in the fridge and it should last for about a week. Separate layers with parchment of wax paper.
To FREEZE this you will want to let it set up in the fridge before layering the pieces between sheets of parchment paper and placing in a freezer safe container/bag for up to 6 months. Let it defrost in the fridge and then eat! (It may be best to omit the pretzel sticks when freezing)
For More Festive Halloween Treats, try:
- Monster Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Cake
- Pumpkin Oreos
- Chocolate Pudding Spider Pies
- Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats
- Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats
Melted Witch Bark Recipe
- 1 bag Wilton Candy Melts vibrant green
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips divided
- 8 pretzel sticks
- 8 mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- 8 Halloween Oreos
- 8 Hershey’s Hugs
- Begin by laying out parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Get pretzels sticks, Reese's, Oreos, Hugs, mini chips out and ready so they are easy to grab.
- Place 1 cup candy melts in a small pot and melt on low heat stirring constantly. Once all melted spoon out onto parchment paper and spread into a circle. We made ours about 4 inches in diameter.
- Quickly add remaining mini chips to a small pot and melt on low heat stirring constantly. Spoon a tiny amount onto your green circles and use a toothpick to swirl around.
- Add Oreos as hat in the corner. Add Hugs by dipping into excess melted chocolate and adding to the top of the Ore. Add mini chips for eyes.
- Stick pretzels in your mini Reese's and place on the opposite side of the Oreo.
- Let set until ready to eat or package.
Recipe adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.
Thank you Lily dear and I hope your Birthday was a happy one as I’m sure it was. Happy Birthday Lily.
Lily, these are the cutest things, and they look so yummy too! Thank you for the wonderful recipe! I hope you had the best birthday. 🙂
What a cute idea… Pinning!
Oh lily you sweet little girl! Sounds you had such a fun time. So glad Mommy helped you make such a fun halloween treat. ; )
This is such a cute idea! You worked lots of favorites into it too!
Adorable! I seriously can’t handle how clever these are. WOW!
Oh, mygosh!! These have got to be the most adorable Halloween treat I’ve seen! I can only imagine the kiddos (and “big kids”) enjoying these! Thanks for sharing
Aww, I hope you had the best birthday! And I’m so glad you shared this bark recipe! It’s absolutely adorable and looks delicious!
It sounds as though you and an awesome birthday party! What fun! This melted witch bark is beyond amazing.
What a fun Halloween treat, I can’t get over how cute they are!
I can’t wait to try the witch melts
Aren’t they fun?! Enjoy!!
So easy and SO cute!
What a fun little treat!! It’s so festive & has every little treat kids love!
We love everything Halloween! From the crafts to the goodies. So fun to make and devour!
These are so darling and tasty too! These would be fun for a food craft at a Halloween Party!
Thank you so much for this recipe! Turned out really delicious and fam loves it! Will have it again! Highly recommended!
My church group is having a Witches Night Out. These will be perfect to bring.