Hi everyone! Kara here from Creations from Kara. I am super excited to be a new contributor here at Lil Luna! Kristyn has always been one of my favorite bloggers- I love her website, and this is a dream come true!
Today I’m sharing a super simple recipe for Oreo Chocolate Mint Candy Cups. Chocolate mint just happens to be one of my all time favorite flavor combinations, and these candies turned out so yummy! The chocolate layers are smooth and creamy, and the pieces of crushed Oreo add the perfect amount of crunch. And of course the mint flavor is to die for!
With only four ingredients, these mint candies are a cinch to whip up. The hardest part is just waiting for the chocolate to set up before you can dig in!
- 6 oz green candy melts
- 2 tsp vegetable oil or shortening
- 3 Mint Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 4.6oz boxes of Andes mints
- Line 24 mini muffin cups with paper liners. Set aside. Melt the candy melts and oil in a glass bowl in the microwave at half power, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Divide between the mini muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the Oreo crumbles evenly over the melted chocolate.
- Coarsely chop the Andes mints, then melt in a glass bowl in the microwave at half power, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Pour over the top of the Oreo crumbs.
- Let sit at room temperature till hardened.
With their pretty green color, these mint candy cups would be just perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
Chocolate and mint is one of the best flavor combos!
And these would be such an easy St. Patrick’s Day Treat!! Thanks for sharing with us Kara!!
For additional recipes and more from her, head over to Creations by Kara!
And fore some more treats perfect for St. Patty’s day, check out these posts:
For all St. Patrick’s Day fun, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!