Popcorn Bars are delicious bars made from popcorn, marshmallows, peanuts and M&Ms. Everybody loves this yummy treat!
These tasty and easy popcorn bars are filled with all of your fav movie night treats, and are perfectly customizable!! For more movie night musts try White Chocolate Puppy Chow, BBQ Chicken Pizza, and Caramel Apple Nachos.
Movie Night Bars
Hi, it’s me Lily again. I love sharing delicious and easy dessert recipes! Right now I’m super hungry because of this delicious, mouth-watering picture right above!!
I also love spending time with mom in the kitchen making yummy recipes like these Popcorn Bars. They are filled with Popcorn, M&Ms and peanuts!! We ended up popping 1 bag of butter popcorn and 1 bag of Kettle corn and mixed them together. It was perfect!! Everybody liked these so much that they wanted a second one. I actually wanted a third but mom said no. 😀
So, if your mouth is watering looking at these pictures, then I think you should try this recipe. Don’t they look DELICIOUS!? I think they’d be perfect for a Movie Night!!
Quick + Easy
DRY INGREDIENTS. Add M&Ms, peanuts and popcorn to a large bowl and set aside.
WET INGREDIENTS. Add marshmallows, butter and oil to a medium pot and cool on medium heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Pour over popcorn and M&Ms and mix well.
SHAPE. Spread into a greased 9×13 pan. Let set for 1-2 hours. Cut into bars and ENJOY!
Tips + Variations
The easiest way to cut these into squares is with a serrated knife.
If you don’t want to use canola oil you can simply omit it. But you may want to add in a little extra butter.
- Swap out the peanuts for a different kind of nut
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top
- Use your favorite flavor of M&Ms
- Add chopped Twix or Snickers
- Add in sprinkles or chocolate chips
- Instead of chocolate try crushed pretzels or raisins
- Add in your favorite movie treats
STORE leftovers in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in foil at room temperature. Store for up to 4 days.
You can easily FREEZE the popcorn bars after wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap and placing them in a freezer safe bag. You can keep them in the freezer for up to 2 weeks before allowing them to thaw at room temperature before removing the plastic and serving.
Here are some other treats perfect for movie night:
Popcorn Bars Recipe
- Add M&Ms, peanuts and popcorn to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add marshmallows, butter and oil to a medium pot and cool on medium heat until marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt. Pour over popcorn and M&Ms and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 pan. Let set for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into bars and ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.