Super Gooey and Delicious Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn is coated in a delicious mixture made from butter, brown sugar, light corn syrup, and marshmallows!
This gooey popcorn takes minutes to make and is a delicious treat for any party or movie night. Filled with simple ingredients, we have a feeling you’ll love this popcorn as much as we do!
marshmallow Popcorn goodness
Do you like marshmallows? And do you like popcorn? How about caramel?
If you love al 3, then you’ll love today’s recipe for Caramel Marshmallow Popcorn. Believe us when we say that it is beyond addicting!
It was so easy to make and took only 5 minutes. The best part was that it was so gooey good. If you’re looking for a great treat for parties and get togethers – this is it! Or even a family movie night. We promise it will be a hit.
How to Make Marshmallow Popcorn
It takes just minutes to make!
Begin by popping popcorn and placing in a bowl making sure there are no un-popped kernels there. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a medium pot on medium heat. Add brown sugar and corn syrup until well blended. Add marshmallows and stir continuously on low heat until all melted.
Pour mixture over popcorn and mix well. Spread popcorn on parchment paper or put in greased baking sheet and let set.
Recipe Tips + Tricks
How many cups are in one bag of popcorn? One 3.28 oz bag of popcorn contains 5 tablespoons unpopped kernels or about 11 cups of popped corn. You can buy 11 cups of plain pre popped popcorn, pop 5 tablespoons of your own kernels, or pop a bag of plain microwave popcorn.
How many mini marshmallows should I use instead? You can substitute large marshmallows with mini marshmallows with a 1:10 ratio. So for this recipe you’ll need 200 mini marshmallows or about 3 cups.
Is there a corn syrup substitute I could use? There are a few options though they may alter the taste, but not by much. Substitute 1:1 ratio of maple syrup or honey. In the UK the closest substitute is “Golden Syrup”. You can also make your own simple syrup: In a saucepan mix ¼ cup of water with 1 cup of granulated sugar. Simmer until the sugar has melted and makes a syrup.
- Grease your hands with some cooking spray before forming the balls.
- Wrap with cellophane or plastic wrap and store at room temp. The balls end up being so gooey and delicious!
My mom said I could only have a little because otherwise I’d get cavities. 😉 She might be right but I still wanted to eat the whole bowl!
For more popcorn recipes, check out:
- White Chocolate M&M Popcorn
- Easy Popcorn Balls
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn
- Birthday Cake Popcorn
- Caramel Popcorn
Marshmallow Popcorn Recipe
- 1 bag popped popcorn any flavor works
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 20 large marshmallows
- Pop popcorn and place in a bowl making sure there are no un-popped kernels there.
- Melt butter in a medium pot on the oven. Add brown sugar and corn syrup until well blended. Add marshmallows and stir continuously on low heat until all melted.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and mix well. Spread popcorn on parchment paper or put in greased baking sheet and let set up.
Recipe adapted from Raining Hot Coupons.