1+ cup Guittard Mint Chips
incorporated and no white remains.
then place one in each ball.
tapping the excess on the side.
kind of base to harden.
pipe on the cauldron rims and handles.
chocolate, then immediately pour the gold sprinkles.
Pot of Gold Pops
- 30 Oreos pulverized
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Guittard Mint Chips
- 1 cup Black or Chocolate Melts
- 1 tbsp vegetable shortening for thinning
- Gold Sprinkles
- Sucker Sticks
- Bakers Twine and Treat Bags
Break the 30 Oreo cookies into pieces and pulverize in a food processor.Mine is about the texture and size of corn meal.
Mash the softened cream cheese with the cookie crumbs until well incorporated and no white remains.
- Line a small pan with wax paper.
- For the large pops, scoop 2 Tablespoons, form a ball, and place on wax paper.
For the small pops, scoop 1 Tablespoon, form a ball, and place on wax paper.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Melt five of the chocolate melts and dip the sucker stick tips in, then place one in each ball.
- Chill for two minutes.
Melt the Mint chips at 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring until melted.
- Slightly flatten the balls, then dip them in the mint melts, lightly tapping the excess on the side.
Place the sticks in some kind of base to harden.
Melt the black melts and the shortening in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
- Dip the balls in the melts so that they are now double coated.
Put some of the black melts in a ziplock bag, snip a small corner and pipe on the cauldron rims and handles.
Fill the “top” of the cauldron with a scarce amount of melted chocolate, then immediately pour the gold sprinkles.
*I like my Oreo Truffles smaller,
so that there is a more even ratio of crunchy outer shell to
*You can change this recipe up
and use Thin Mints, Mint Oreo, Raspberry Oreos, Vanilla
*If you use a different flavor of
Oreo, don’t use the mint chips… just double dip them in the outer
*When you take pictures, make
sure there is lots of natural light if you can help it, and shoot in
Be sure to go to Joy in the Jumble for more fun projects from Amanda, and
for more information about Amanda please go HERE.