Fruity Pebble treats are gooey and sweet. These rainbow goodies are a fun twist on the traditional marshmallow treats!
With only a smidge of time, you can enjoy these fruity marshmallow bars. They are sure to bring a smile! For more cheery treats try Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake, Puppy Chow Mix, and Easy Funfetti Cookies.
gooey Fruity Pebbles – YES, PLEASE!
What could be better than ooey gooey marshmallow, buttery goodness? How about you throw in some fruity pebbles?
Yes – we took Rice Krispie Treats and took them to a whole new fruity level.
These eye-poppingly colorful bars bring up images of Willy Wonka and his magical world of sweets, and the girls go nuts over them.
The best part is they only require a few ingredients and a few minutes to make! Whip these up and everyone will be happy to have these delicious treats.
How to Make Fruity Pebble Treats
They’re beyond easy!
MELT. In a large bowl, melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
COMBINE. Add large marshmallows to butter bowl and microwave for 2 – 3 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t expand too much and fall out the bowl. Stir well and slowly add Fruity Pebble cereal.
PRESS. When all combined pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Let set and enjoy!
Here are a few notes and tips to help out:
- Use any Krispie cereal: plain rice krispies, fruity pebbles or cocoa pebbles all work.
- Don’t skimp on marshmallows the more the merrier …err tastier 😉
- Dairy free: Use coconut oil instead of butter
- Gluten free: check the label on the cereal
- An 8 or 9-inch baking pan will yield 16 thick squares. A 9 x 13-inch baking pan will yield about 24 squares.
- To keep treats from sticking to your fingers: lightly grease your fingers or tear a piece of parchment paper to use when pressing treats into the pan.
- Frosting: You can easily add frosting or a candy coat to these treats. Top the treats with sprinkles before the frosting/coating has dried.
Making even cuts: I like to line my pan with parchment paper. Once the treats have set simply lift the entire block out. Use a large kitchen knife to make large even cuts.
How to Store?
How to keep the Krispies from getting hard: No one likes finding that a krispie treat is too hard to bite through. Here are a few tips on keeping your treats soft and chewy:
- Don’t over press into the pan otherwise they’ll become solid and hard.
- Use LOW heat when melting the marshmallows on the stove. Too high and the sugar in the marshmallows will turn to hard candy yielding a very hard Krispie treat.
- Use fresh Marshmallows. Older ones tend to make a harder treat.
Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Sticking a slice of white bread in the container will help keep the treats soft.
To Freeze: Store the entire block or as individual treats. Wrap in plastic wrap then wrap again with foil or place in a Ziploc. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before eating.
For More Krispie Treats, try:
- Best Rice Krispies
- Rice Krispie Easter Cups
- Crack Rice Krispies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Monster Rice Krispie Treats
Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe
- 3 tbsp butter
- 12 oz large marshmallows
- 7-8 cups Fruity Pebble cereal
- In a large bowl, melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add large marshmallows to butter bowl and microwave for 2 – 3 minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they don't expand too much and fall out the bowl
- Stir well and slowly add Fruity Pebble cereal. When all combined pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Let set and enjoy!