Hi it’s me Lily again!
Do you know in Texas there was a beach I LOVED called Surfside Beach. It’s really fun. They have amazing waves, and you can even rent a house there and stay right on the beach. Right before we left Texas, we went one last time with my aunt and cousin. Turns out they just added picnic tables which was perfect because we came there for lunch.
Me, Gavin, Evie and my cousin, Hannah, went out in the ocean and tried to jump over the waves and ride on them. We even got into little ditches that made it look like we were so far out.
Did you know that if I ever go to Australia, I will never go to the beach because I heard in the tide pools, there is the Blue-ringed Ocotopus. They are small but they have a toxic venom which can kill you!! Crazy, huh? Here is a picture:
Speaking of beaches, we made this recipe awhile back for Sand Pudding Cups. It was inspired by the Dirt Cake Parfaits we made last year. This time we used Golden Oreos and added an umbrella on top to make it look like the beach. We brought the left over Golden Oreos from this recipe to the beach and had them the last time we went there in Texas. I love these Pudding Cups so much – I think your kids would love them too. In fact, you should make them and bring them to the beach – LOL!!
Here is the recipe:
- ½ - 8 oz cream cheese bar, softened
- ¼ c. butter softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 8 oz. container of cool whip
- 1 box instant white chocolate pudding mix (vanilla works too)
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 package of Golden Oreos
- Drink umbrellas
- Begin by smashing up Oreos. I put mine in my food processor and blended until they were crumbs. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar with mixer in a medium bowl. Fold in cool whip until well blended. In a separate bowl mix pudding mix and milk with a whisk. Once combined well, add pudding to cream cheese mixture.
- Place a few tablespoons of oreo crumbs in your cup or small jar. Add some of the creamy mixture (I do this by adding the creamy mixture to a gallon bag and cutting off the corner so it goes in the jar more easily.) Bang down on a wash cloth on the table to get all bubbles out. Add a few more tablespoons of oreo Crumbs. Top off with some more cream mixture and sprinkle on a few more crumbs. Top off with more crumbs and a drink umbrella.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For all Sweet Treats by Lily go HERE.
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.