Super soft white chocolate dipped snickerdoodles are chewy and full of cinnamon. They are one of our favorite cookies!!
These white chocolate dipped snickerdoodles are sure to be a hit! If you love snickerdoodles, try White Chocolate Snickerdoodles, Snickerdoodle Bars, and Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow.
I love snickerdoodles. They are by far one of my fav cookies. The are chewy and sweet with just the right hint of spices. It’s hard to improve something so good.
Well I think I may have done just that! I’ve combined my love of white chocolate with my love of snickerdoodles and pretty much created the best cookie ever. White chocolate dipped snickerdoodles are still chewy and delicious, with an added flavor and smoothness from the white chocolate!
Not only do they look amazing, but they taste dang good. And best of all? This added step is SO simple. You will love sharing these with friends and family! That is, if any make it past you . 😉
Making chocolate dipped snickerdoodles
DRY INGREDIENTS. Mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
WET INGREDIENTS. Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
BAKE. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. (Makes about 3-4 dozen cookies)
CHOCOLATE. Once cookies are cool, melt chocolate wafers in microwave or by heating up in a small pot on low heat stirring constantly.
DIP. Once all melted, dip half the cookie in the melted white chocolate and let set on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Serve once set.
TIps for a Perfect Cookie
Bake Time: Our recipe says to bake for 8-10 min. I usually take them out at the 8 minute mark and allow them to cool on the baking sheet.
Double Boiler: Using a double boiler is a great way to keep chocolate warm while dipping them.
- Make your own double broiler: Find a heat proof glass or metal bowl that can fit over the top of a pot without it falling inside. Add 2-3 inches of water to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and place the bowl on top. Add the chocolate wafers to the boil and melt. Add more water if necessary.
Food coloring: White chocolate makes a great base for adding food coloring. You can coordinate the color with whatever holiday is around the corner. You can also add festive sprinkles.
FREEZE the dough in a log form or as preformed dough balls. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw, shape the balls, roll in the cinnamon and sugar, then bake and dip according to recipe instructions.
- Log form: Divide the dough and form two logs. Wrap each log tightly with plastic wrap then wrap them with aluminum foil.
- Dough Balls: Place the formed dough balls onto a cookie sheet. Do not roll in cinnamon/sugar mix. Place them in the freezer until the dough is solid. Transfer the dough balls to a freezer Ziploc.
STORE baked snickerdoodles in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. Help keep them soft by throwing a piece of white bread into the container with your cookies.
More tasty Cookies:
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Neiman Marcus Cookie
- Monster Cookies
- Gooey Butter Cookies
- Texas Sheetcake Cookie
- Eggnog Snickerdoodles
White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- White chocolate melting wafers
- Mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. (Makes about 3-4 dozen cookies)
- Once cookies are cool, melt chocolate wafers in microwave or by heating up in a small pot on low heat stirring constantly.
- Once all melted, dip half the cookie in the melted white chocolate and let set on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Serve once set.
And, I didn’t think snickerdoodles could get any better!! Loving the white chocolate with the cinnamon flavor!
Such a fun and tasty twists to the classic snickerdoodle! Easily, a new favorite recipe; these were exactly what I needed to cure my sweet tooth!
OMG! These are so incredible!!
I didn’t think it was possible for snickerdoodles to be even better, but I was wrong! These are fantastic!
What a pretty way to present this cookie! Plus the flavors and texture was amazing.
Snickerdoodles with frosting? Just a added measure of goodness.
This cookie is not very tasteful and the recipe has been tried twice and judged by several people. The overall rating of 1 star was agreed upon. Please advise.
Thanks so much for your feedback. Sorry to hear the recipe wasn’t a hit for you. But thanks for giving the recipe a try!
Super yummy and so pretty for Christmas time!