Are you thinking of salads and yummy fruit and veggie creations? I sure am. As soon as the weather heats up I am no longer thinking of soups and have greens on the brain. Not sure about you, but I’m a SALAD ADDICT!! I pretty much order salad every time we go out and prefer it over a hamburger. Craziness, perhaps, but it’s just something I LOVE!
Well, this next recipe is a new salad concoction that my mom tried out for us the week of Chinese New Year. We all LOVED it and I hope you love this Asian Ramen Salad too!
- 2 bags of coleslaw mix
- 3 packages chicken ramen noodles (set seasoning packets aside)
- 1½ cups sliced almonds
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup salad vinegar (found near the dressings at the store)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 ramen noodle flavor packets
- Place 3 bags of ramen noodles in a large plastic bag and break up.
- Melt stick of butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add noodles and almonds to your skillet. Stir and cook until toasted and lightly browned. Spread onto a cookie sheet and let cool.
- In a medium container mix vinegar, oil, sugar and ramen seasoning packets. Close lid tight and shake well. Set aside.
- Right before serving add cole slaw to a large bowl. Top with noodle mixture and dressing. Mix and serve immediately.
We’ve made other versions of this Ramen Noodle Salad, and this was by far one of my favorites!
And just a note, be sure to put the dressing on last minute because the noodles get “soggy” after it’s been setting on for awhile.
For more Asian Salads check out:
ENJOY!Powered by Sidelines