I know I’ve said it already, but it is BLAZING HOT over here in AZ. So, I thought I’d match the temp outside and bring to you a HOT recipe.
Is it just me, or is Buffalo sauce a love hate relationship? You are either a person that loves it, or hates it. Or maybe you love it, but it gives you heartburn, so you hate it… Well, it doesn’t give me heartburn and I happen to love anything with buffalo sauce. And the spicier the better! Maybe it’s the Mexican side in me, but I love anything with a good kick. Todays recipe can be either way. If you like spicy, great! If not, you can easily numb down the spice by adding a little extra butter. Win Win! Either way, you’ll be getting that great Buffalo Sauce taste from these finger lickin Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing (optional)
- Melt butter in your ⅓ cup of hot sauce. This will make the sauce less spicy. If you prefer more spicy, skip this step or add less butter.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, half of your hot sauce/butter combo, and egg white. Add chicken and gently mix. Shape into twenty-four 1-in. balls. Place on a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Toss meatballs with remaining hot sauce. Enjoy with ranch dipping or by themselves. They are great either way!
Adapted from Taste of Home.
Remember to taste test the sauce before you add it to your meatballs. If its too spicy, add a tablespoon at a time to calm down that spice.
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 20-24
ANY CHANGES MADE: We took out the celery, added butter to the hot sauce to make it less hot, and we baked for longer.
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: I like more spicy, so I think we’ll leave some spicy and the rest we can calm down with butter.
For more delicious appetizers, check out these recipes:
For all appetizer recipes, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!