It’s the perfect time of year to stop and take a minute to count your many blessings. We gathered some friends together for a gratitude blog hop because we wanted to let our families know just how much we love and appreciate them. Check out my project for a simple Cake Batter Snickerdoodle Recipe + Gift and then visit my friends to see what they created with the “Gratitude” theme. There are recipes, printables and family traditions included in this blog hop that I think you will LOVE!
I wanted to share with you guys a simple recipe as well as show you how to turn it into an easy and cute gift idea too. I thought it was a cute and simple gift idea perfect for those that you are thankful for. You can obviously fill it with any type of goodies you’d like but I filled mine with Cake Batter Snickerdoodles (a new recipe I just tried last week).
The whole thing was so easy to throw together. This is what you’ll need to do it too:
– Thankful print (available for download below)
– Scrapbook Paper
– Glue Dots
– Treat of some sort
1. Download the tag you’d like to use by clicking on the image above. Then RIGHT-CLICK and SAVE. Open it in a program like word, Re-size it to what you’d like it to be and then print and cut out. Attach it to your jar using glue dots.
2. Add some scrapbook paper to the top by cutting out a circle in the size of your lid. Attach with glue dots. Also tie some ribbon or twine around the top.
3. Fill your jar with goodies!
CUTE & SIMPLE!!
You can also use the other tags to turn it into an Easy Christmas Gift Idea by filling it with some yummy treats like Almond Hershey’s Kisses:
To make the Cake Batter Snickerdoodles, here’s what you’ll need:
- Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 TB sugar
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until all combined. Use medium cookie scoop and scoop onto greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mix. Using the bottom of a cup, flatten the cookies a bit.
- Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes. Let Cool & ENJOY!
- Apple Praline Bread by Amy from Positively Splendid
- Family Memory Banner by Melissa from Polka Dot Chair
- Printable Gratitude Quotes by Mique from Thirty Handmade Days
- Give Thanks Printable by Eighteen25
- Thankful Printable & Snickerdoodles by Kristyn from Lil Luna
- Thankful Tablecloth by Steph from Somewhat Simple
- Candy Cane Pancakes by Amy from the Idea Room
- I Am Thankful For.. Printable by Becky from Organizing Made Fun
- The Best Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kelli from Lolly Jane
- Love printables by Desiree from the 36th Avenue
- Happy Day Family Tradition by Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom
- Thanksgiving Activity Book by Kari from U Create
- Chicken Curry Broccoli by Kristen from Capturing Joy
- Printable Thank You Notes by Cindy from Skip to My Lou
A big, huge thank you to our families for their support and love. They are our guinea pigs, models, help us when we have last minute deadlines, don’t blink when we wear yoga pants for two days in a row and stick through the good, the bad and the ugly. We are so grateful for you.
Look at all these pretty faces! So much love in this collage:
Kelli from Lolly Jane // Mique from Thirty Handmade Days // Leigh Anne from Your Homebased Mom // Steph from Somewhat Simple
Melissa from Polka Dot Chair // Kristen from Capturing Joy // Becky from Organizing Made Fun // Amy from the Idea Room
Kristyn from Lil Luna // Desiree from the 36th Avenue
We thought you might have fun getting to know a little bit more about our families too. So we asked them some questions. Here’s what they had to say:
(questions and answers here)