I love Chicken, and I love Asparagus so when I saw this next recipe on Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom, I knew it had to be made. I mean, in my book, you just can’t go wrong with Chicken and Asparagus. Throw some pasta into the equation and you’ve got a definite winning recipe right there.
I think I can honestly say that Asparagus is my favorite veggie. It’s one of those vegetables that I didn’t learn to appreciate until I was older, and now I can’t get enough of it!
If you’re looking for a great recipe to try out for your next dinner, this Chicken and Asparagus Pasta is it!
I think I could eat this right about now! I think I will be adding into the monthly meal plan.
- 1 12 oz box Bow Tie pasta
- 2 cups chicken, cubed
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed and cut into 4
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 heaping TB minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- red pepper flakes pinch of
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup half n half
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute your chicken for approximately 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the asparagus to the water. Drain and set aside while reserving a cup of the pasta water.
- Once chicken is cooked add minced garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Saute for 5 minutes.
- To your skillet combine the broth, half & half, cream cheese and half of your parmesan.
- Add pasta and asparagus to your skillet and stir until well combined. If pasta seems too dry, add reserved cooking water a little bit at a time. Stir over med heat until desired consistency. Add salt, pepper and extra Parmesan to taste
Check out the YUMMY Goodness!
As I said, if you like pasta, chicken and asparagus, then you’ll love this recipe.
For more Chicken recipes, be sure to check out:
For all Dinner ideas go HERE.
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!