I love Chicken, and I love Asparagus so when I saw this next recipe on Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom, I knew it had to be made. I mean, in my book, you just can’t go wrong with Chicken and Asparagus. Throw some pasta into the equation and you’ve got a definite winning recipe right there.
I think I can honestly say that Asparagus is my favorite veggie. It’s one of those vegetables that I didn’t learn to appreciate until I was older, and now I can’t get enough of it!
If you’re looking for a great recipe to try out for your next dinner, this Chicken and Asparagus Pasta is it!
I think I could eat this right about now! I think I will be adding into the monthly meal plan.
- 1 12 oz box Bow Tie pasta
- 2 cups chicken, cubed
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 heaping TB minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- red pepper flakes pinch of
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup half n half
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute your chicken for approx 20-30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the asparagus to the water. Drain and set aside while reserving a cup of the pasta water.
- Once chicken is cooked add minced garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Saute for 5 minutes.
- To your skillet combine the broth, half & half, cream cheese and half of your parmesan.
- Add pasta and asparagus to your skillet and stir until well combined. If pasta seems too dry, add reserved cooking water a little bit at a time. Stir over med heat until desired consistency. Add salt, pepper and extra Parmesan to taste
Check out the YUMMY Goodness!
As I said, if you like pasta, chicken and asparagus, then you’ll love this recipe.
For more Chicken recipes, be sure to check out:
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
ENJOY!Powered by Sidelines