Hello Lil’ Luna readers! It’s me Natalie, from Life Made Simple.
Today I’m sharing a really effortless side dish idea- easy herb roasted potatoes.
I’m constantly trying to come up with new ideas for side dishes. Our family gets so tired of eating pilaf, butter noodles and mashed potatoes. This is a really flavorful and simple solution! The best thing about this recipe is that all of “active” time for this recipe is the prep work. Peeling and chopping the potatoes, boiling them and tossing them in the lemon/herb/oil mixture. And that only takes about 10 minutes. I’m telling you, these potatoes are a cinch to make!!!
All that’s left to do is spread the coated potatoes onto a hot baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 1 hour. Turn every 20 minutes and you’ve got a pan full of bright, herby golden potatoes.
If you’re looking for a delicious and simple side dish to try out, you’ve gotta give this one a try!
Here’s the recipe for these Easy Herb Roasted Potatoes:
- 8-10 yukon gold potatoes, chopped into chunks
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried rosemary
- 4-5 cloves garlic, smashed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a baking sheet or 9x13 inch pan into the oven and bring it to temperature while the oven preheats (you want it hot).
- Meanwhile, boil the chopped potatoes in lightly salted water for about 5, drain and toss into a large mixing bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, rosemary and garlic cloves.
- Pour the coated potatoes onto the hot baking sheet or into the baking dish and bake for 1 hour, tossing every 20 minutes to get an even brown on all sides.
Thanks again Kristyn for having me!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE potato side dish recipes, and these Lemon Herb Roasted Potatoes look delicious!
Thank you, Natalie!
For more amazing recipes from Natalie, head to Life Made Simple.
And for more great potato side dishes, check out:
I LOVE potatoes – we have them at least once a week with one of our meals.
For more delicious side dish recipes go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!