Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
I have a new favorite cookie recipe!!
The other day I was thinking I should make some Gooey Butter Cookies with a twist, and that’s exactly what I did a few weeks ago. I used my regular Gooey Butter Cookies recipe that is an all-time fav and just changed things up a bit. The result was AMAZING!! I took the cookies to a church function and I can honestly say that they were gone in 1 minute. There were obviously lots of little kids there, and we all know how they always go for the treats with sprinkles first. LOL.
If you’ve ever tried my Gooey Butter Cookies or my Sugar Cookies then I think you will love this next creation. I’m calling them Gooey Funfetti Sugar Cookies.
I’m telling you – they were so good and I’m wishing I had about 20 of them sitting next to me at this very moment (I’m hungry, lol!)
Although they taste so soft and gooey and like a sugar cookie, I think they are so much easier ( and quicker!)
Here is how you can make these gooey sugar cookies too:
- 1 Funfetti Cake Mix
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 8 oz. Cream Cheese bar
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar
- Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Mix in cake mix. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls and dip in a bowl of powdered sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet and press down a bit (just so it's more flat) with your three middle fingers.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
- To make frosting mix 2. 5 TB butter (softened), 2 cups powdered sugar, ⅛ cup milk, ½ tsp. vanilla, ½ tsp. almond extract and food coloring. Add a little milk if too thick or a little powdered sugar if too runny. Spread over cool cookies. Top with sprinkles. ENJOY!
Oh YUMMY!! Now, don’t get me wrong… I still love the regular Gooey Cookies and Sugar cookies, but this is just another favorite to add to the cookie rotation.
For more cookie recipes be sure to check out:
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.