This past Sunday I was assigned to bring a dessert to my family’s. I was hoping to find something really easy and saw this recipe from Crazy for Crust and thought it would be perfect. I made just a few modifications and decided to use Red Oreos so I could make it a Valentine’s recipe. Happy to say the whole family loved it! If you’re looking for an easy and delish dessert to make on Valentine’s Day then these Oreo Brownies are perfect! Just to be a little more festive I think we should call them Sweetheart Brownies. It just sounds more cute, right?
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 Brownie Box and ingredients on box
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 oz. cream cheese (1/2 bar)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 20 crushed oreos
- Make brownies as directed on box in whatever pan size you desire.
- Once brownies are done, heat chocolate chips and cream cheese over low heat in a pan until melted.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla to frosting mixture and mix well. Pour over brownies and spread evenly.
- Top with crushed oreos and serve.
These, of course, do not have to be made with the Winter (red) Oreos. Regular Oreos work perfect too. I have only seen the Winter Oreos at Target and I stock up on them so I have them for festive desserts like this one. If you can’t find the Red Oreos I suggest using regular Oreos and then use Valentine’s sprinkles to add a little pink and red.
For more Brownie recipes be sure to check out:
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
For all desserts go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.