Happy National Pound Cake Day!! Did you know this was a holiday? I’ll admit that I didn’t know either until I was contacted by Sara Lee and was asked to come up with a recipe using some of their new Pound Cake products. Already being a huge fan of pound cake, I didn’t hesitate and had a blast checking out some of the recipes they have listed on the Sara Lee website. The second I saw that they had a great recipe for Pound Cake French Toast, I knew I had to try it cuz it sounded too good to be true. And after tasting it, I can attest to the fact that it was too good to be true!!! SO stinking YUMMY!!! We will definitely be making this again, and soon!!
I modified it just a tid from the Sara Lee version, but I promise you will think it is heavenly!!
- 1 package Sara Lee Pound Cake Slices
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 TB butter or margarine
- powdered sugar optional
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, almond extract and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet or pan on medium heat.
- Dip each pound cake slice into the egg mixture being sure to coat all sides and shaking off excess. Add to skillet/pan and cook on each side for 1-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with syrup, fruit and/or powdered sugar. ENJOY!
We’re already planning on making this again this week since it was so good!! And I cannot wait to try some more recipes from the Sara Lee website (they have tons on there!)
For more YUMMY breakfast dishes, be sure to check out:
GOOD LUCK and Happy National Pound Cake Day once again!
ENJOY!Powered by Sidelines