Happy National Pound Cake Day!! Did you know this was a holiday? I’ll admit that I didn’t know either until I was contacted by Sara Lee and was asked to come up with a recipe using some of their new Pound Cake products. Already being a huge fan of pound cake, I didn’t hesitate and had a blast checking out some of the recipes they have listed on the Sara Lee website. The second I saw that they had a great recipe for Pound Cake French Toast, I knew I had to try it cuz it sounded too good to be true. And after tasting it, I can attest to the fact that it was too good to be true!!! SO stinking YUMMY!!! We will definitely be making this again, and soon!!
I modified it just a tid from the Sara Lee version, but I promise you will think it is heavenly!!
- 1 package Sara Lee Pound Cake Slices
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 TB butter or margarine
- powdered sugar optional
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, almond extract and ground cinnamon in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet or pan on medium heat.
- Dip each pound cake slice into the egg mixture being sure to coat all sides and shaking off excess. Add to skillet/pan and cook on each side for 1-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Top with syrup, fruit and/or powdered sugar. ENJOY!
We’re already planning on making this again this week since it was so good!! And I cannot wait to try some more recipes from the Sara Lee website (they have tons on there!)
For more YUMMY breakfast dishes, be sure to check out:
GOOD LUCK and Happy National Pound Cake Day once again!
For all Breakfast recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.