My family searched for the best Snickerdoodles Recipe for a long time, and we finally found THE ONE. We’ve been using it for as long as I can remember now. What’s great about this recipe is that it’s easy and cookies always turn out SOFT, which for me is pretty much a requirement for a good cookie.
I’m telling you – these are by far the best and softest Snickerdoodles I have to make. If you have a recipe that you love, leave a link to it in the comments below. I’d love to check it out!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2¾ cups flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 TB sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs and blend well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees. (Makes about 4 dozen cookies)
For more Snickerdoodle Recipes, be sure to check out these other Cinnamon Goodies…