I know I’ve mentioned this before but I always get super nervous to make bread. I’m just unfamiliar with yeast and haven’t used it a ton so it kinda freaks me out. I’m always looking out for bread recipes then that contain NO yeast because I feel like those are the ones I can actually do – LOL!
My mom, on the other hand, has been working with yeast all her life and can tackle ANY bread recipe. Fortunately for me, she found a great White Chocolate Lemon Bread recipe that contains NO yeast. She tried it out and made a load for each of the families (this was few months back before we moved to TX). The loaf was literally gone in MINUTES (no joke!) I was thrilled to find out that it was a non-yeast bread recipe that was delicious. She assured me it would be super easy and I can’t wait to try it out myself.
Look how delicious this is?!
The hubby claims this is his new favorite bread. I may have to agree with him. I’m not a HUGE Lemon fan, but this recipe had just the right amount of lemon that it wasn’t overwhelming at all. And the glaze on top was definitely my favorite part.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 2 small boxes white chocolate pudding mix instant
- 4 eggs
- ⅛ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- zest of one lemon
- Mix cake mix, pudding mix, oil and eggs in a bowl with a beater until well combined.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix by hand. Pour into greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes (For smaller loaf pans, bake for about 15 minutes). Let cool.
- Poke holes in the top of the bread and drizzle with glaze (To make, mix 1½ cup powdered sugar, juice and zest of one lemon - add more lemon juice if glaze is too thick). ENJOY!
I can’t wait to have some more of this delicious bread!! If you like Lemon and White Chocolate I’d definitely give this one a try.
– Can be made in 2 regular loaf pans. Bake at 350 for about 35-42 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
– Can also be made in smaller loaf pans (ours were the paper kind that are about 2.5 inches x 6 inches) and were cooked for 15-20 minutes.
-For a healthier version you can substitute the sour cream for greek vanilla yogurt.
-You can make these as muffins (makes about 2 dozen) – bake for about 12- 18 minutes.
For another non-yeast bread recipe, be sure to try out our Favorite Banana Bread Recipe:
Or add some cream cheese to make this delicious Cream Cheese Swirl Banana Bread:
Or my all-time favorite: Snickerdoodle Bread:
Or our Cinnamon Bread – so good!!
This Post is Brought to you by: