I know I’ve mentioned this before but I always get super nervous to make bread. I’m just unfamiliar with yeast and haven’t used it a ton so it kinda freaks me out. I’m always looking out for bread recipes then that contain NO yeast because I feel like those are the ones I can actually do – LOL!
My mom, on the other hand, has been working with yeast all her life and can tackle ANY bread recipe. Fortunately for me, she found a great White Chocolate Lemon Bread recipe that contains NO yeast. She tried it out and made a load for each of the families (this was few months back before we moved to TX). The loaf was literally gone in MINUTES (no joke!) I was thrilled to find out that it was a non-yeast bread recipe that was delicious. She assured me it would be super easy and I can’t wait to try it out myself.
Look how delicious this is?!
The hubby claims this is his new favorite bread. I may have to agree with him. I’m not a HUGE Lemon fan, but this recipe had just the right amount of lemon that it wasn’t overwhelming at all. And the glaze on top was definitely my favorite part.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 2 small boxes white chocolate pudding mix instant
- 4 eggs
- ⅛ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 cup sour cream
- zest of one lemon
- Mix cake mix, pudding mix, oil and eggs in a bowl with a beater until well combined.
- Add sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix by hand. Pour into greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes (For smaller loaf pans, bake for about 15 minutes). Let cool.
- Poke holes in the top of the bread and drizzle with glaze (To make, mix 1½ cup powdered sugar, juice and zest of one lemon - add more lemon juice if glaze is too thick). ENJOY!
I can’t wait to have some more of this delicious bread!! If you like Lemon and White Chocolate I’d definitely give this one a try.
– Can be made in 2 regular loaf pans. Bake at 350 for about 35-42 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
– Can also be made in smaller loaf pans (ours were the paper kind that are about 2.5 inches x 6 inches) and were cooked for 15-20 minutes.
-For a healthier version you can substitute the sour cream for greek vanilla yogurt.
-You can make these as muffins (makes about 2 dozen) – bake for about 12- 18 minutes.
For another non-yeast bread recipe, be sure to try out our Favorite Banana Bread Recipe:
Or add some cream cheese to make this delicious Cream Cheese Swirl Banana Bread:
Or my all-time favorite: Snickerdoodle Bread:
For all bread recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
This Post is Brought to you by:
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!