If you’re looking for a simple, delicious dinner idea that pleases the whole family, look no further! This Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake is filled with chicken, broccoli, rice, cream cheese and a TON of flavor!
Chicken Rice Bake
Today’s recipe for Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake is filled with so much flavor and is very simple to make. I’m not going to lie – not all my kids love broccoli so a few were picking it out. Fortunately, the dish was so flavorful that most of them didn’t even realize it was in there (win)!! My husband likes the cheese on top of anything a little more cooked so we broiled it for the last minute or two.
This is another dinner recipe to add to the rotation. It is hearty, simple and delicious.
How to make Chicken broccoli Rice Bake:
This is probably one of the more simple casserole recipes, to be honest. There’s very minimal prep work before you spoon everything into the pan and stick it in the oven. All you have to do is:
- Cook chicken and broccoli in a large skillet.
- Once chicken is no longer pink, add broth and bring to a boil. Add remaining ingredients (besides shredded cheese) and mix.
- Spoon into greased 8×8 glass pan, top with shredded cheese, and bake for 22-26 minutes at 350°.
So easy and so delicious!!
This recipe is easy to change up based on the rice, cheese and veggies you want to add. We love standard white rice, but brown rice or even multi-grain rices work too.
We used Italian 5 cheese for this chicken broccoli rice bake, but any cheese works well. From cheddar to Mozzarella, you can use whatever cheese you prefer most.
As for veggies – we love broccoli, but carrots and event zucchini and squash work well in this recipe.
Can this be made ahead of time?
Of course! This can be made up to 24 hours in advanced. Just cover and store in the fridge until ready to bake. You may need to add an additional few minutes, and we recommend storing without the cheese and adding it right before baking.
Can this be reheated?
Yes – just store in air-tight container in fridge once baked and then reheat in the microwave.
If you (or your kiddos) absolutely cannot stand broccoli, you can easily omit it without losing any of the big flavor in this dish. But like I said, it tastes SO good, you hardly even notice the broccoli is there! We hope you love this baked chicken and rice casserole.
This recipe is perfectly paired with these other recipes:
For more favorite chicken Casserole recipes, check out:
- Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Casserole
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken Rice
- Chicken and Green Bean Casserole
Chicken Rice Bake
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups instant white rice uncooked
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- garlic salt to taste
- 1 cup italian 5 cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in large skillet and cook chicken and broccoli. Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Add rice, cream cheese, milk, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon into greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Top with shredded cheese. Cover and bake for 22-26 minutes. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Kraft Foods.